LGBT

How do you deal with homophobia ?
Homophobic abuse and and discrimination?
4
|
It's an escape/excuse for people to get cheesed off and abuse someone.
It used to be racism, sometimes it's a faith someone follows - and failing that - it's the car they drive, the way they speak...or even the way they dress.

Some humans just don't feel better till they've denegrated someone 🤷‍♀️...

It's easier than learning to understand or better themselves - coz, you know... That takes effort.🙄
Ah....read it wrong.

How do I deal with it?
First I laugh, and attempt to diffuse, but in way that implies I think it's an antiquated mode of thinking.

If they persist - especially if someone in the group is gay - I defend.

If they persist - o challenge their decision - and push them to explain why - and this is usually where they haven't thought to...

So - they usually stuff up, look a fool... Or prove how ignorant they are.
Quizzical · 41-45, M
Physical violence
[@380163,Quizzical].... really Q?!?!😏

C'mon - you know ypu wouldn't pass up a chance to talk someone into making a complete ass of themselves! 🤣
Quizzical · 41-45, M
[@710185,BoobooSnafu] A literal ass? Lol

I've found that homophobic people generally lack intelligence, so well thought out arguments and reasoning are wasted on them.

Easier just to knock the crap out of them 😁
[@380163,Quizzical] well, as to not very bright - Yeah, I'd have to agree.

When I've queried them,... They get frazzled and just end up repeating the same idiotic phrase that justifies nothing.

... I'm a little jealous actually - wish I had the skill or strength to do the second thing sometimes... Why a life is wasted on people who don't deserve it, I'll never know. 🤷‍♀️
Cantsayno · 51-55, M
I think most people that have homophobia are really fighting and hiding their own homosexuality
Sroonaka616 · 26-30, M
I just play it straight while I am at work. I have just grown a thicker skin but I have noticed a lot of people just don't care if you are not making a big scene.
BlueVeins · 18-21, F
Separate yourself.
EugenieLaBorgia · 26-30, F
By behaving with dignity in public.

LGBT

How do you deal with homophobia ? | LGBT | Similar Worlds