LGBT

Are there more than two genders?
A sensitive topic now days is that some people think there are more than two genders? Do you think there are or are not? Dicuss and be civil.
2
|
UserNameSW · 41-45, M
2 genders, 7 billion individual expressions
EugenieLaBorgia · 26-30, F
Gender is simply properties that distinguish organisms on the basis of their reproductive roles. In humans, there are two.
wildbill83 · 36-40, M
yep, three... male, female, and morons... 🤔
No, you can identify as a fruit cocktail if you want but it doesn't alter biology.
Noahkahol · 90-99, M
Every kind of mammal there is come in Male and female with physical and behavioral traits to go with them.

It takes an extreme amount of ignorance to overlook that just so you don't offend a pervert.
wildbill83 · 36-40, M
[@377644,Noahkahol] The problem lies with how the rest of us are supposed to identify them. They get "offended" if you refer to them as He, She, or It...

so what the hell are we supposed to call them? 🤔
Noahkahol · 90-99, M
[@597698,wildbill83] Not really. If someone makes a convincing or earnest opposite sex presentation of course you just refer to them with the pronoun of the sex they appear as.

All that leaves are oddballs that want to fool around and act like sex isn't hard science. Here's the way to handle that.

If they look ambiguous refer to the person as immature. Since we also accidentally mistake the sex of babies and toddlers and that's what they're really doing. Refusing to grow up.

People who can't make up their mind. Imitating the opposite sex one day and presenting correctly the next. This is called transvestism. If you can't pass convincingly you're just revealing your mental disturbance. Demanding to be allowed to display it without getting strange looks or rejected is fairly ignorant on the part of those who think that parents ought to accept this as normal behavior.

Because even a healthy minded child can see the absurdity of it.
Emosaur · 18-21, M
No. I see how there is a distinction between sex and gender (gender essentially being the sex of the brain), but even then I don't see how there are supposed to be more than two.
Sharon · F
[@10662,Emosaur] [quote]You're talking gender expression [/quote]
No, I'm talking about gender. I think you're confusing it with "sex". The words are not synonymous. Your gender is more a matter of how you feel, "gender expression" is how you display those feelings.
Emosaur · 18-21, M
[@379861,Sharon] I literally said in my initial comment how I could see a difference between sex and gender. And it makes sense as a trans person's brain is actually wired like the opposite sex', causing gender dysphoria. This is also pretty much proof of how there are only two genders since, as far as I know, there's no way a brain can be wired another way than male or female.
Sharon · F
[@10662,Emosaur] [quote]I literally said in my initial comment how I could see a difference between sex and gender. [/quote]
Sorry, I overlooked that when I last replied.

I broadly agree a trans. person's brain is wired like the opposite sex although I would describe it as being where their gender (whether or not expressed and however defined) does not concur with their sex. I also agree there are only two genders (masculine and feminine) but I don't believe anyone is completely one or the other. We all lie somewhere along a continuum between those two extremes. Even the most macho masculine man will have some qualities that could be described as feminine, just as the most feminine woman will have some masculine qualities.

Determining a person's sex isn't always simple either. Chromosomal sex (XX/XY) does not always concur with gonadal sex. That could be relevant to gender dysphoria. For example, if a chromosomal male (XY) has female gonads and tends towards the masculine gender, is that person trans. or cis?
SteveAt24 · 22-25, M
Nope. There are, however, multiple personality disorders.
Ryanoliver2011 · 26-30, MVIP
[@972163,ChrisIsNeat] best answer right here☝️
Alyosha7Karamazov · 31-35, M
I know I'm one of those two.
MarineBob · 51-55, M
Some thinks it's a easy way to get a free govt check

LGBT

Are there more than two genders? | LGBT (Page 4) | Similar Worlds