I Fake Smile To Hide My Sadness

Most of times, I do smile, but not because I'm happy. It's like I don't want people around me to see me as a boring, depressing, careless man. I don't want to go down that road....again. I sometimes be for real about being happy,...
1
|
I often do that, specially when I'm among friends...😢
6
|
I'm at that point in depression where I put my happy mask on and go on autopilot. No one believes me when I say im sad,so i put on my happy mask. I dont care that it is not the true me.
1
|
Sadly it still happens mostly going past primary schools on my walk home from school seeing kids running to their mums or holding their hands hurts a little knowing mines gone forever I smile and carry on it's been 9 years I should be able to mo...
2
|
I’m really upset :(
2
|
Im basically in the point of my depression that I no longer feel anything and im just kinda on auto pilot. i laugh and smile and act normal but inside i'm just so far gone i'm not sure how to bring myself out of this. I wish I could cry but...
11
|
I smile and everyone believes it in real life. In the photos I smile but my eyes reveal everything and it makes me look silly.😄 I should never smile for the camera.
13
|
How dare you take the most sensitive part of my body, use it as if you don't own one. How dare you seek elsewhere, yet pretend there's nothing wrong. Don't you worry, I'll carry this smile around, especially with you in the room...
5
|
Laughing on the outside, dying on the inside😌
11
|
All the time! It gets so exhausting sometimes! But it’s better than having to always explain the reasons behind the sadness to people.
9
|
My life quote is ‘know your own happiness’ which was written by my all time favourite author. But it’s hard. My god it’s hard to try and focus on the positives when there’s so much shit trying to drag you down. There’s only so much one person can tak...
4
|
Sometimes, you smile just because you want to. . And others, even if you don't. .. And sometimes, people can see behind the smile. .. and sometimes, they don't like what the smile hides.
5
|
I don't really smile much..but I act goofy and funny to try to cover how ashamed I am of being so hurt and sad. Ill be someone else for awhile if it can help me through.
4
|
I did for almost 4 or 5 years. The most draining thing ever to feel like you are being tortured, feeling like you are containing a hurricane within, and you cannot show it to the world. So you smile.
18-21
3
|
Feels as though most day i'm just going through the motions. Ever notice that the sadder you feel the more everyone around you seems to come across as being happier? You just can't help but wonder where you went wrong or what you did to fee...
4
|
Me today.... no one around me wants to hear I am depressed still so I smile and act happy cause it's easier than losing my friends
7
|
4
|
Not really "inspirational" but.. quite true. Other stories from me: https://similarworlds.com/matt94?show=stories
1
|
Denying I feel lonely makes no more sense than denying I feel hunger. It seems to me that the harder I try the harder I fall. I love being alone, but I hate being lonely. I smile all the time so no one knows how sad and lonely I am inside. Some of u...
3
|
I am really upset right now. I am listening to the song Where I Stood by Missy Higgins, and it is just fitting my mood perfectly. I thought I was over my stupid ex-boyfriend. And I mostly am. But today has been a really bad day for missing him. ...
1
|

I Fake Smile To Hide My Sadness

I Fake Smile To Hide My Sadness | Similar Worlds