I Am a Thinker

How long do headaches last after a car accident it's been almost seven days since the wreck.

I had a CT scan and they said it was ok, that I had a contusion maybe a bruise brain. I'm just worried because people tell me they usually last about 2- 7 days. I haven't seen my headache go down at times it feels like it going away but it then comes back. At first computer screens will hurt my eyes. But is going away. Well the computer screen didn't hurt my eye's I just felt like my eyes will become strain faster.
Rose0415 · 31-35, F
A bruised brain is a concussion. Depending on how bad it is, the symptoms can last for a few days, to months. Sounds like you haven't fully recovered yet.
FrankensteinSSS · 31-35, M
[@1128378,BlondeBookworm] In the past three years I've been able to stop smoking, but I think I hypertension stage 1 for like two months until recently my blood pressure has gone down. I was smoking a lot before the car accident. My main concerns was when I hit my head intracranial pressure or a busted vein or artery. They did a Cat scan and said everything look normal, or ok. But when Drs say Ok I think as it nor bad or good.
Rose0415 · 31-35, F
[@1188132,FrankensteinSSS] If you are still having headaches, then you are probably not okay. I would go to another doctor because the one who said that you were okay didn't know what they were talking about.
FrankensteinSSS · 31-35, M
[@1128378,BlondeBookworm] I went to Er and then two. I just keep getting different answers from nurses some say it can take weeks for headache to go away, but is not a headache is more like tension headache. Both doctors saw the Ct scan and said it look ok nothing is wrong they just prescribe medication. The Dr said the headache should go away in a few days after Thursday but I had the car accident on Sunday. I was talking one nurse and she said they can last for weeks the headaches . I'm seem to have mix answers even though the nurse is not a dr. Both Doctors told headache should be gone in a few days. But I talk two two nurses and they said they can last for two weeks or weeks. I
Ct scan done IMMEDIATELY after the accident?
FrankensteinSSS · 31-35, M
[@1019539,mysteryespresso] I had a CT scan after the one day had gone by.
[@1188132,FrankensteinSSS] okay, now you must talk to doctor and tell him that
FrankensteinSSS · 31-35, M
[@1019539,mysteryespresso] Yea, I need to set up a appointment.
Novascel · M
I hate to say it, but as someone who has had multiple concussions(Horseback riding) I remember I dealt with very painful headaches for up to a year including spinal fluid dripping from my nose. So it can take a few days, weeks, months or even a year. I had a tender head as well. And felt foggy. The headaches were nauseating and awful, and had one at least once a day.
How’s your headache today?
[@1188132,FrankensteinSSS] went for another ct or an mri? it's been 3 days already, right?
FrankensteinSSS · 31-35, M
[@1019539,mysteryespresso] 7 days
[@1188132,FrankensteinSSS] and you went for ct a day after injury, got it

but you still feel pain,

man if I was you, I'd talk to another doctor.
JustcallmeNameless · 31-35, F
If you had a CT scan and an MRI I wouldnt worry. My face went thru a windshield before and I had a headache for at least a month.
FrankensteinSSS · 31-35, M
[@585989,JustcallmeNameless] Thanks.
You probably have a nasty case of whiplash. That can linger for months.

I Am a Thinker
Hobbies