Friends & Acquaintances

How do you not constantly worry about a suicidal friend that you live with who needs help?

She wants to check into the hospital but she doesn't want to lose her job and/or have to tell her boss about her being suicidal. I have been dealing with this for awhile because we have been friends for a long time. I don't know how to take time for myself when I'm always worried about her.
Tell her to check into a hospital and take that time to focus on yourself.

I get that you want to be a good friend, but it isn't your job to watch over her. Life your own life.
She only has to tell her boss that she checked herself into a behavioral health center. Doesn't have to say why. And then hope her boss isn't an asshole.

While I understand the worry about losing your job you have to try and figure out how likely it is she'll lose her life.
Pimpedcheerios88 · 31-35, F
[@19840,MalteseFalconPunch] all I am going to do is what I did a few minutes ago. I told her I love her and I'm always here to listen. I told her i think she needs to go to the hospital and that her mental health comes first. I told her that I think her boss should understand because he has been understanding before with her being in a wheelchair. Then I called my employee assistance program and left a message that I need to talk to someone.
[@454815,Pimpedcheerios88] Probably the best thing you can do. It's so difficult to deal with someone like that because they've lost all rationality. Sadly even though I have some mental illness and have been in facilities before for suicide I still wouldn't have any fucking clue how to deal with myself when I get like that.
Pimpedcheerios88 · 31-35, F
[@19840,MalteseFalconPunch] yep I understand
Zelllambert · 31-35, F
I found that having a few understanding friends around rather than the one to take the load is beneficial.
Jay04Sch · 46-50, F
Depression is a regnosided illness and because of the suicide it has she can't lose her job. Maybe you should go with her to speak with her boss.
Jay04Sch · 46-50, F
[@395765,Zelllambert] I'm a Human Resources Manager. Which country you staying in.
Zelllambert · 31-35, F
The UK
Jay04Sch · 46-50, F
[@395765,Zelllambert] Which industry. Retail, catering ect.

Friends & Acquaintances