Terms of Service
This agreement was written in English (US).
Date of Last Revision: September 25, 2016
Please read the Terms of Service
carefully. By accessing, browsing, using or registering with the similarworlds.com website, Similar Worlds or Similar Worlds Mobile, you represent and agree that (1) you are at least 13 years of age, (2) you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree with the Terms of Service
and the Cookies
These Terms of Service governs our relationship with users and others who interact with Similar Worlds. By using or accessing Similar Worlds, you agree to this Statement.
Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on Similar Worlds. In addition:
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos ("IP content"), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Similar Worlds ("IP License"). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
- When you publish content or information on a group, it means that everyone, including people off of Similar Worlds, will have access to that information and we may not have control over what they do with it.
- We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Similar Worlds, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
We do our best to keep Similar Worlds safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to do that, which includes the following commitments:
- You will not send or post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam), post advertisements or solicitations of business on Similar Worlds.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or access Similar Worlds, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders or scrapers) without our permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on Similar Worlds.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate or harass any user.
- You will not post content that is hateful, threatening, pornographic or that contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not develop or operate a third party application containing or advertising or otherwise market alcohol-related or other mature content without appropriate age-based restrictions.
- You will not offer any contest, giveaway or sweepstakes ("promotion") on Similar Worlds without our prior written consent. If we consent, you take full responsibility for the promotion and will follow all applicable laws.
- You will not use Similar Worlds to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden or impair the proper working of Similar Worlds, such as a denial of service attack.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement.
Anonymous or Fictional Profiles
A profile is considered Anonymous or Fictional if its name, profile photo and personal information do not belong to the owner of the account and the profile does not impersonate another person. If the fictional profile contains photos from another person, any descriptions in the photos and in the profile must be explicit that the person in the photos is not the owner of the account. The owner of the account will only post photos from another person with the consent and authorization of the person in the photos.
Protecting Other People's Rights
We respect other people's rights and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on Similar Worlds that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- You will not submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third-party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant Similar Worlds all of the license rights granted herein.
- You will not publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage Similar Worlds or any third party.
- We can remove any content or information you post on Similar Worlds if we believe that it violates this Statement.
- If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, without our written permission.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on Similar Worlds.
- You will not send email invitations to non-users without their consent.
Registration and Account Security
Similar Worlds users can have either a Anonymous/Fictional or Real profile. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not replace your account with another one in order to be able to contact people who blocked you on your previous accounts.
- You will not create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not impersonate another person.
- You will not use your personal profile for your own commercial gain (such as selling a shared message, comment, message or post to an advertiser, or ask users for money).
- You will not use Similar Worlds if you are under 13.
- You will not use Similar Worlds if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account to anyone.
- If you select a username for your account we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
- You may cancel your account at any time by accessing your Account Settings, then Leave Similar Worlds and following the instructions there.
Monitoring and Reports
Similar Worlds has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor any and all activity on Similar Worlds. Similar Worlds also has the right, but not the obligation, to investigate the reports of improper conduct. Similar Worlds may remove any user submission or terminate any user account or ban any user at any time for any action in violation of the Terms of Service including, for conduct detrimental to other users or Similar Worlds, or for any other reason that in Similar Worlds's sole discretion warrants such termination.
VIP Membership, Payment & Renewal Terms of Service
If you choose to become a VIP on Similar Worlds, your membership subscription will automatically renew based on the frequency you choose, up to one year since it started, or until canceled by you. After your initial subscription commitment period, your subscription will automatically renew for additional equivalent periods, at the purchase price of your initial subscription. Once you have paid for any premium services, they are non-refundable.
If, at any point, you wish to discontinue your VIP membership, you must visit the VIP Settings page and select 'Cancel VIP Membership' before the next scheduled automatic payment. We do not issue partial/pro-rated refunds for early cancellation of any subscriptions.
You may decide to upgrade your account to VIP by paying or subscribing to one of the packages available. The new time you buy will be added to your existing VIP time.
We do not have access to your Credit Card information through our sales. The payments are processed by a trusted 3rd-party payment processor, PayPal. By subscribing, you confirm you are at least 18 years of age and you authorize PayPal to charge your Credit Card now and again in the beginning of any subscription period, up to one year since the first payment. In the event that your credit card is ever denied, we reserve the right to cancel your subscription and you may have to re-subscribe in order to continue your VIP Membership.
You can also contact us by sending an email to our email
with your question and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on Similar Worlds, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim.
Modification of these Terms
If you are dissatisfied with this website or any aspect of it, you may email us at our email
Similar Worlds and all staff of Similar Worlds will not be held responsible for (1) any content generated by Similar Worlds users or (2) content that exists through any links posted on the Similar Worlds website.
Similar Worlds is in no way affiliated, endorsed, or sponsored by Experience Project.
Similar Worlds and all images associated with Similar Worlds are © Copyright 2017 Similar Worlds. All Rights Reserved.