I Love Horror Films

Ghostbusters was released on June 8, (1984). 37 years ago today. 馃懟馃槺馃懟

DawsonsGrove51-55, F
I remember going to see that with my dad. I was sooooo disappointed. I was expecting a spooky movie, not a comedy
Oneofthestormboys51-55, M
Who are you going to call though?
I remember that I thought the theme song was a total ripoff of a song called Pop Muzik by an act called M.
[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCZ7iAv1tkE]
uncalled451-55, M
[@477979,Oneofthestormboys] And then, of course, I Want A New Drug from 1983. I believe that the producers of Ghostbusters used the Huey Lewis song as temp music before Ray Parker Jr. got involved, which at least explains some of the similarity.
uncalled451-55, M
Yup. I remember it well. The first time I ever snuck a camcorder into a movie theater. In fact, I'll bet that was either the first time it happened or close to it because I had one of the first ones.
helenS31-35, F
I saw that movie a couple of years ago, and I loved that 80's feeling the film is transferring to the audience. I don't think you could do a movie like that in the 2020s.

I Love Horror Films
Movies and TV