I Have a Question

What is honour based violence???

I'm aware of the more obvious answers that can be found by Googling the topic.

My question specifically is:-

Does threatening to find someone who escapes from an abusive situation and drag them back to the situation that they don't want to be in count as honour based violence???

The victim in this case has a reasonable belief that it will happen as she was threatened it would.
nowic2 · 56-60, M
It sounds like the perpetrator of such an occurrence could be twisted enough to rationalise it as such. In reality it is pure abuse. Unfortunately there are some places , parts of India for example, where it would be confined.
Becksta · 36-40
[@333141,nowic2] Everything that she lives with feels normal to her after all this time. She finds it difficult to work out what is abuse and what isn't in her head. Harder still with honour based abuse because there's so little information out there - and most of the support is aimed at people from minority groups.

She doesn't fit the criteria as a non minority person.
nowic2 · 56-60, M
[@421598,Becksta] Sheesh, that's so damn hard. Easy for me to say, I know but she needs to some how find a police person she can trust & who is prepared to advocate for her. I wish I could be more helpful. No-one deserves to feel so unsafe.
PhpPhoenix · 31-35, M
Yes, it sounds like it. Wanting to keep the family together? Not wanting the relationship to end because that would reflect badly on the husband.

I Have a Question
Health LGBT