I Struggle With My Body Image

Some days I wake up and I love my body.. other days I wake up and I hate my body. Every day is different. I remember growing up, I always thought I was super fat but years later I would look at pictures and I would be so surprised that I actually called myself fat on a daily basis. I was so much smaller than I thought I was during that time. It made me realize how distorted we can make ourselves look in our own eyes. Right now, I think I'm the biggest I have ever been and now I'm wondering if I actually am. Maybe I'm just thinking that this is the biggest I have ever been, meanwhile I'll look back 5 years later and realize I wasn't. Love yourself, love your chub, love your freckles, love your scars, love your marks. LOVE IT ALL.

Shout out to the media for destroying and distorting everyone's beloved body images. (sarcasm) And creating a unrealistic expectation of body image. I remind myself to love my body because I love who I am on the inside. So why not love every single flaw, every single part of me.

If we started telling ourselves we love those things that we hate. Our entire worlds would change. Next time you tell yourself you hate something about yourself, say love instead.
8
|
Edited: 3 yrs ago
I felt like that once
taehyun · 18-21, F
I hate mine everyday.

Join the club
beautyisnature · 26-30, F
Gotta work on that self-love girl. I have had eating disorder after eating disorder and I still struggle with them some days. It is hard work to get better but self-love is a good place to start.
taehyun · 18-21, F
I'd rather not lie to myself and say I look good.
beautyisnature · 26-30, F
You are your own worst enemy my dear. I hope life gets better for you soon. Much love <3
Diesel95 · 31-35, MVIP
Amen sister could not agree more does nobody understand that true beauty is in the eye of the beholder
ReaperofTime · 41-45, M
Dance nekkid in front of the mirror. Yull feel better
BluntSm0ker · 26-30, M
The media is a master at brainwashing women to believe they have to be skin and bones to be attractive.
Under1 · 22-25, F
Couldn't agree more. Women are often put too much pressure on to look a certain way which is considered beautiful... and it's quite unrealistic, instead of actually being taught that they beautiful as themselves... self love is something that needs to be taught to young people

I Struggle With My Body Image
Categories: Health, Image and Weight

Some days I wake up and I love my body.. other day... | I Struggle With My Body Image | Similar Worlds