Happy Birthday to Robin Williams

Happy Birthday to #robbinwilliams

Robin McLaurin Williams (July 21, 1951 – August 11, 2014) was an American actor and comedian. Known for his improvisational skills and the wide variety of characters he created on the spur of the moment and portrayed on film, in dramas and comedies alike, he is often regarded as one of the best comedians of all time. Williams began performing stand-up comedy in San Francisco and Los Angeles during the mid-1970s, and rose to fame playing the alien Mork in the ABC sitcom Mork & Mindy (1978–1982).

After his first starring film role in Popeye (1980), Williams starred in several critically and commercially successful films including The World According to Garp (1982), Moscow on the Hudson (1984), Good Morning, Vietnam (1987), Dead Poets Society (1989), Awakenings (1990), The Fisher King (1991), Patch Adams (1998), One Hour Photo (2002), and World's Greatest Dad (2009). He also starred in box office successes such as Hook (1991), Aladdin (1992), Mrs. Doubtfire (1993), Jumanji (1995), The Birdcage (1996), Good Will Hunting (1997), and the Night at the Museum trilogy (2006–2014). He was nominated for four Academy Awards, winning Best Supporting Actor for Good Will Hunting. He also received two Primetime Emmy Awards, six Golden Globe Awards, two Screen Actors Guild Awards, and five Grammy Awards.

On August 11, 2014, at age 63, Williams committed suicide at his home in Paradise Cay, California. His widow, Susan Schneider Williams, as well as medical experts and his autopsy, attributed his suicide to his struggle with Lewy body disease.

Longpatrol · 26-30, M
God, I'm sad now. I really loved that man.
Kim1975 · 41-45, F
Mork and Mindy was so funny
SouthernxXxBelle · 41-45, F
[@333882,Kim1975] YES! He made anything funny.
Kim1975 · 41-45, F
[@1198728,SouthernxXxBelle] he so did for so many people. So lucky to watch him looking back at his life
PerfectionOfTheHeart · 41-45, F
I’ve never grieved so much for someone I’ve never met before. Loved him so much. …still do.
Elora · F
Aw yeah he was a beaut ♥️
He was so much fun! I can count the movies of his I didn't like on 1 hand. Such a shame the way it ended
siRis · M
🕊️
Piper · 61-69, F
I didn't realize it had been that long ago...that sad day he died. Like someone else mentioned, I've never felt such grief for someone I didn't really know, as I did for him.
Barefooter25 · 41-45, M
He was one of the most talented actors of all time. Still shocked that he is gone.
Talesfromthedarkside · 26-30, M
I still remember the day news broke out of his death R.I.P
You don't know about real loss, 'cause it only occurs when you've loved something more than you love yourself. And I doubt you've ever dared to love anybody that much.

-Good Will Hunting [@691329,Talesfromthedarkside]
This message was deleted by the author of the main post.

I Love Robin Williams
Movies and TV