I Am a Mother

How much do you typically spend on your children’s Christmas gift? I want my kids to feel special, but I don’t want to go overboard...
4
|
GunFinger · 36-40, F
I'm planning to get them educational toys, about less than AU$100 each.
Moonstruck · 36-40, F
It usually ends up being about $200US. We usually see a movie at the theater between Christmas and New Years each year. Ticket and snack prices are included in that $200. This year, my parents and I combined to get him one big gift from all of us.
MyNewBeginning · 41-45, F
That sounds like a good budget. The movie night is a great idea![@637190,Moonstruck]
Moonstruck · 36-40, F
[@639139,Serenitynow] It's just a little something that we enjoy. 🙂
Noway345 · M
Great question, I'm a single dad and I want them to have a good Christmas but my sister keeps telling me I'm going overboard!
MyNewBeginning · 41-45, F
The same. I’m a new single mom and I feel like the guilt is making me do this.[@398453,Rick123]
Moonstruck · 36-40, F
[@639139,Serenitynow] Single mom guilt is seriously the worst. Don't be too hard on yourself.
TimSummers · M
You can spend $1,000 on gifts that do not mean anything or you can spend $100 on something that they will remember for as long as they live. Maybe get something fun and then something they could hand down to their children?
lasergraph · 61-69, M
Christmas seems to have gotten away from us. There is a saying that Christmas is where you buy a gift for someone that they do not want, with money you do not have. I think there is a lot of truth to that. I grew up as a poor kid. I tell people I started with nothing and still have most of it left. Kids are more understanding than we give them credit for. Gift, after gift after gift, eventually isn't appreciated.

I Am a Mother
Categories: Motherhood, Parenting and Family

How much do you typically spend on your children’s... | I Am a Mother | Similar Worlds