I Am A Christian But Im Not Perfect

This is the more poetic way of acknowledging that I can be a tremendous hypocrite: claiming to believe, and genuinely believing, and then struggling...again...and again...with putting that into practice.

It's very easy to say that 'being a Christian should be just about living the kind of life of service that Jesus exemplifies, as best we can, and anything else can just be ignored.' But that to me in at least more reflective moments I think is like having cake and eating it.

I eat a lot of cake.

I am a Christian. And I'm very much imperfect.

And what's amazing and wonderful is that any, and all of us, are loved, as much for our imperfections - that we try and mean well and fail, and try again anyway - as for any amount of proud and claimed perfection. Not that our imperfections don't matter, but that the point, perhaps uniquely and wonderfully, is to earnestly try, even if we don't quite ever make it. God loves us, and at the very least He wants us to try.
24
|
Qwerty14 · 26-30, M
Yeah there's always an ongoing struggle between knowing what is right and living that way. We can always be better
Dolimyte · 36-40, M
How do you know?
Dolimyte · 36-40, M
[@912930,DaySpider] I'm not looking to debate. I don't care much about what you believe, I was just curious what your reason for believing it was. Sounds like you have a gut feeling about it.
DaySpider · 18-21, F
[@1999,Dolimyte] At heart it's a gut feeling. Some people may find they come to believe through a rational process maybe but for me it's more just an unshakable sense or feeling, yes.
Dolimyte · 36-40, M
[@912930,DaySpider] ok, thanks for letting me know.
funfan · M
Paris, that's a truly lovely post about Christianity. I'm a non-believer (AKA heathen 😂) in any religion, yet I fully respect them and their believers. 🌞
olderguy2016 · 61-69, M
me too
sarahxjayne · 26-30, F
That's so right!
imo21169 · 36-40, F
youre a performer no😉

I Am A Christian But Im Not Perfect

This is the more poetic way of acknowledging that ... | I Am A Christian But Im Not Perfect | Similar Worlds