I Love Military History

As much as I love history, and knowing about the Civil War, and WWII, and all, and the Alamo; I love the fact in knowing that I have a family with a long lineage of military and public service. (minus my old man, of course)

As I mentioned many times in my previous stories, my paternal grandfather was in the Air Force, where he earned a Purple Heart for his actions on the battlefield. (His brothers were all in the Air Force and the Army) My Uncle Gerald was in the Air Force, too. My maternal grandfather was in the Army stationed in Korea near the 38th Parallel, as a staff sergeant. My Uncle Richard was in the Army, too. And many many many many many many many of those beyond in the previous generations were in the military and in public service. Especially my fifth generation grandfather, Charles Cronea, and my ancestor who wrote the National Anthem; Francis Scott Key.

[image=https://photos1.similarworlds.com/00/00/00/00/01/41/13/93/SamHarris-RN11zlo1RI2hSWl.jpg]
This is my fifth generation grandfather, Charles Cronea. They called him Charles "Uncle Charlie" Cronea. He emigrated from France, and into the south of the United States. He was a privateer on a ship, who then enlisted in the United States Army and into the San Jacinto battle (The Alamo) alongside General Sam Houston for the state of Texas. Later, he fought in the Mexican-American War for Texas and America. He was a real hero then.

[image=https://photos1.similarworlds.com/00/00/00/00/01/41/13/94/SamHarris-siUeiKcFp3FWbUo.jpg]
This is his monument that tells of such. It tells of everything he did and even his dedication to our nation. And part of all that being why I'm planning ahead for the future for even those beyond me in this bloodline through and throughout the generations.

He lived for 88 years. (January 14th, 1805 - March 4th, 1893)

Anyways, I am proud of all this, and that being why I am planning ahead the future for even my children and grandchildren when I have them and those beyond in this bloodline through and throughout the generations.

Any negativity; blocked and removed.
15
|
Edited: 6 mths ago
SweetMae · 61-69, F
You should be very proud of you family's heritage!
SamHarris · 26-30, M
[@10109,SweetMae] I sure am. Thank you, Mae. Really.
Abrienda · 22-25, F
[@10109,SweetMae] Absolutely!
Abrienda · 22-25, F
[@6570,SamHarris] VERY nice post and you know we share this interest!!!
This is interesting. I will read after class
SamHarris · 26-30, M
[@701902,Asian46] Sure thing.
[@6570,SamHarris] Oh, so interesting about your history. Nice you can keep track.
SamHarris · 26-30, M
[@701902,Asian46] Yep.
Fungirlmmm · 46-50, F
Very interesting post.
Byron8by7 · M
I am very impressed that you are aware of your family heritage - well presented.
lancetroy · 26-30, M
Wow keep him alive in you
This message was deleted by the author of the main post.

I Love Military History
Categories: Books, Education, Hobbies, Military Relationships

As much as I love history, and knowing about the C... | I Love Military History | Similar Worlds