I Believe In God

i just want to share a recent experience of mine. it hasn't been long since I've started trying to tell God in my prayers to help me be drawn closer to Him. well you could guess that i'm facing some sort of problems, otherwise why else would i seem to desperately call onto God asking Him to get me closer to Him. i personally believe in God since the moment i was born but it's just that i seem to be not so good at making a deep connection with him. also, personally, i feel like there really is a void inside me that's been calling out for Him. i just wasn't feeling fulfilled or whole at all. i need Him i know that and i need Him closer.
well i dont think it's just a mere coincidence but just this morning, my classmate just suddenly started a sharing circle about faith in our vacant time. i was shocked, cause it was really the first time for my friends to have that sort of discussion... at first i found it kinda lame but eventually i remembered that moment in prayer last night when i was just asking God to help me become firmer in my faith. I couldn't be any more sure, that was definitely Him answering my prayers. i just found my self really weeping in that sharing session. it was as though i was really just pouring out the things that i've been bottling up all these time.
i admit that i am not the really devoted kind of person (yet). i am just like only starting my new journey as a Christian. but with just that single experience, i could tell everyone that God is really there. He listens all the time. it doesn't matter who you are, be it you're a sinner or a devoted follower. and once you start talking to Him, it would be as though He'll really let you know that He hears you.
4
|
Pfuzylogic · 56-60, M
Isn't it incredible how God provides?
Who is like God?
KimberleyAnne · 18-21, F
that's beautiful

I Believe In God
Categories: Religion

i just want to share a recent experience of mine. ... | I Believe In God | Similar Worlds