I Lost My Dad And He Meant The World To Me

*[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxwhAw-U6Zw]
[@10925,waleskinder] I don't drink beer...I'm v lightheaded. But yes, it's a funny video...😅
[@372543,Vivaci] it's the hottest thing making the rounds .. LOL
[@10925,waleskinder] aww...thanks for sharing, my friend. How else would I know?! 😊🤗👍
MarkPaul · 22-25, M
Yeah, I can see that.
[@8638,MarkPaul] Gotcha 👅
MarkPaul · 22-25, M
[@372543,Vivaci] 😂
[@8638,MarkPaul] 🤭
Spokeskitties75 · 41-45, M
I hope my death has a purpose... like saving someone else’s life or something of that nature.
[@362821,Spokeskitties75] awww.... you're a noble gentleman. 😌💞

I think on the same lines too. 🥺🤗 One of the reasons I've donated my organs.

But firstly, I hope I'm useful even when I'm alive.
Spokeskitties75 · 41-45, M
[@372543,Vivaci] yes, so far, my batteries keep recharging so I can keep giving! 🤗
[@362821,Spokeskitties75] Did I say you were awesomesauce? Nope....

Well you are! 😍🙌🤗
TexChik · F
Oh I think it depends on the person . Some live life never accomplishing anything or even attempting to while others accomplish everything in a very short time .

Losing my daddy was devastating to me
[@113373,TexChik] I think you're right, Texy. I certainly fit in the latter.

Aww...sorry for your loss! 😔💗😘
TexChik · F
[@372543,Vivaci] thats was a while ago . Gone but never forgotten 🥺
[@113373,TexChik] I feel ya, sweetheart...😔💗🌸🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗
JoePourMan · 61-69, M
A lesson I learned the hard way.
[@1097981,JoePourMan] aww...he died so young! 🥺 Sorry for your loss, Joe.... Hugggsss! 🥀🤍
JoePourMan · 61-69, M
[@372543,Vivaci] Thanks my beautiful friend
[@1097981,JoePourMan] 💔🤗
[image=https://photos1.similarworlds.com/00/00/00/00/02/26/92/00/DandelionDesires-3Fi0o0vNfdHS6HQ.jpg]
[@1137766,DandelionDesires] Well put...we need to make the most of our life. We have only one after all. 👍🤗
[@1097981,JoePourMan] So true, as neither are ones of darkness, or needn't be, with the right mindset. I took it as if darkness was the unknown. Also possibly being, most of us come into and leave this world with eyes closed; atleast at birth. My dad died with eyes wide open. I could tear any quote apart to find meaning, Joe.❤
[@372543,Vivaci] Absolutely. I've been devoured by pessimism and allowed life to be meaningless. Whether by another’s death or deep self reflection, we often need the harsh reminders to see life differently.

I'm sorry for just now seeing the group title, I hope this loss wasn't recent. Regardless, we're little girls(no matter the age) living every day, with the fact the first man we ever loved with all our heart, is gone.❤🤗
AngelKrish · 22-25, M
I lost my dad last September! It took long for me to understand this, thanks to Ramayana and Geeta! And books of Dharma!
They helped me to understand life!
JoyfulSilence · 46-50, M
Sorry about your dad. I want to thank him for making half of you so we each can enjoy a little bit of you, which is a wonderful bit.

I do not worry about the darkness of death, because I will be dead and unable to experience what comes after. I do not believe in life after death. I think once the conscious brain winks out we know nothing. Then the rest dies and there is no recovery. Our only hope may be to simulate our minds on some more enduring platform. Or maybe we can keep our bodies alive longer. Or course nothing is forever. Even the universe.

I should be more passionate about life, since it is all I got.

Yet more often I just want to go someplace quiet and rest for a while.

What I need is a sequence of active lives and between them long periods of peaceful rest. If only.
[@68716,JoyfulSilence] thank you for your kind words, Joy. You always uplift me with your encouraging words...🤗🌸

I, otoh, believe that the soul never dies, and hence we probably live many lifetimes until we get salvation. That said, heaven is what we make of our todays.
JoyfulSilence · 46-50, M
[@372543,Vivaci] I am glad you are uplifted. Just returning the favor!

It would be interesting if when I close these eyes forever I open others.

But do we remember what came before? Or do we have to start all over?

I mostly want to live on after death to meet the dearly departed again.

Also, I wish there were alternate universes. Somewhere out there there is one universe for each of my crushes, and in each respective universe she falls head over heels in love with me. LOL!

A gathering place for those of us who have lost one of the most important men in our lives.