I Wonder About Careers

Do you know anyone who did some drastic changes to their life/career and it didn't work out the way they wanted?

Like quitting the job, or leaving something good for the better, but it rather ended up badly?
TheFragile · 41-45, F
TheFragile · 41-45, F
[@429468,ragingfire] Also I sold my home thinking I would move and buy a different home but the housing market is so out of control for buyers I am priced out. So I literally made incredibly stupid financial decisions in the last year
ragingfire · 31-35, M
[@326696,TheFragile] At least you know where things went wrong and you know what you want to fix. I wish you the best and hope it all works for you.
TheFragile · 41-45, F
[@429468,ragingfire] thank you
Yeah a friend left her family of two decades to run off with her childhood sweetheart. Ended up on her own
[@429468,ragingfire] the grass is always greener I guess
ragingfire · 31-35, M
[@1204672,Mastermeister] Sometimes risk is needed for the betterment, but people don't calculate the risks that come with it. They also don't have a safety net. When their destiny is dependent of someone else's deeds, nothing is certain.
Yes indeed [@429468,ragingfire]
Zawa69 · 51-55, M
Had a cousin who left a good stable job of well over a decade to start his own business. Business failed and last I heard he works as a groundskeeper.
ragingfire · 31-35, M
[@589286,Zawa69] Usually happens when people want to start business. There's a lot of unknowns that may go wrong when you least expect them.
Zawa69 · 51-55, M
[@429468,ragingfire] His biggest problem was that he didn't listen to anyone advice. We are from a line of highly successful business types but he thought he knew best.
ragingfire · 31-35, M
[@589286,Zawa69] Arrogance isn't a good thing when you want to run a business.
Iwashere2 · 36-40, M
A few,yes. This dude I used to know was a truck driver in Canada. He decided to leave his family and go back to Europe to reignite the flame with his high school sweetheart. It didn’t really work out,couldn’t come back to Canada,tried to find a job as a trucker there but nobody wanted to hire him because he was over 50. So he ended up working in a kitchen. Tried to sell some cleaning products (or whatever the hell it was) from Europe to people he knew in Canada but nobody was interested in buying. He was broke and alone. 2 years ago,he was diagnosed with cancer. He fought it for a while but gave up. He jumped in front of a train on Christmas eve. Damn son! Life.. don’t f**k up
ragingfire · 31-35, M
[@1056803,Iwashere2] His poor ex-wife.
Iwashere2 · 36-40, M
[@429468,ragingfire] she moved to england
ragingfire · 31-35, M
[@1056803,Iwashere2] Is she doing good there?
Rosey · F
My brother in law worked for a very wealthy man who owned his own plane and a fleet of luxury cars as well as an 18 year old pretty daughter. He left his wife and kids and moved in with the daughter thinking he would be set for life. After a few weeks the daughter dumped him and her father fired him for dishonesty. He came crawling back and made several weak attempts at suicide.
ragingfire · 31-35, M
[@441800,Rosey] Crap. Is he ok now?
Rosey · F
[@429468,ragingfire] he died a few weeks ago of cancer.
Yes!

A few times

I Wonder About Careers