This post may contain Adult content.
I Support Traditional Marriage

Fair division of roles

The more I let him be Head of the Home, the breadwinner and decision-makers, the problem-solver, and the more he lets me be the home-maker and family-maker, the more stable, placid and agreeable life is. I can understand that others disagree, some fervently, as is their privilege, but it is how I was brought up, and it is how we, in our isolated corner of the country live our lives.
Unfairness start creeping in when one or both involved start expecting beyond their demarcated zones/roles - whichever corner of the world they reside in.
CarolineCarm · 36-40, F
[@24735,Silentspectator] True. Communication is all important, as is being aware of assumptions and expectations of the wrong sort
[@1219743,CarolineCarm] Indeed.
SteelHands · 61-69, M
A husband and wife could each love doing some things and be either good or terrible at it. Or be extremely good or bad at it and loath doing it.

So logically the ideal situation os to do what you're good at and like to do. Or at least take turns doing the things that both either like or hate doing.

When this all became politicized someone should have told the politicians they were politiking wrong.
CarolineCarm · 36-40, F
[@377644,SteelHands] Well put! We have found what works for us in a very complementary way

I Support Traditional Marriage