I Want to Be In a Healthy Loving Relationship

My bf went to lie down in the other room, and it’s only 7:30 PM. Sometimes he does that. I’ve never liked it. I always worry that something is really wrong. (And he’s been doing this for years; he did it before our trouble started - so this is not something new.)

But I know if I go in there and ask. he’ll just tell me nothing’s wrong and continue to just lie still.

If I could change one thing about him, this would be it.
7
|
CharlieZ · 61-69, M
Have you some clue of why this?
SmartKat · 51-55, F
[@817347,CharlieZ]
When he goes to lie down, I stick my head in the door to see if he’s asleep - many times, he has fallen asleep.

He doesn’t do this every evening. He does spend many/most evenings hanging out with me, watching TV and talking. I think he’s probably just more tired than usual when he does this. Another thing about it - our cat goes in the bedroom, he follows her, lies down on the bed, and falls asleep.

So I don’t really think it means anything bad, necessarily. But I’m hyper-sensitive and anxious. That’s why I’m talking about it here, ha ha. It triggers abandonment feelings for me, and I think it’s more about me and my issues than it is about him.
CharlieZ · 61-69, M
[@64306,SmartKat] I don´t really know if it would help.
Not only to him but both.

But, have you tried to get in bed with him, while he sleeps, and just take a nap together, spooned?

Perhaps it will make both feel "togetherness" without any preassure.
Carissimi · F
[@64306,SmartKat] Hi Kat. He probably needs his “alone time.” Men need their “man cave,” and the other room is probably his equivalent. Just allow him his space. 🤗
SmartKat · 51-55, F
[@40142,Carissimi] That’s what I figured, too. At the time this occurred, my anxiety was worse. A lot of it was just me being anxious.
Carissimi · F
Yes, sometimes it’s us not them. Hope you are well, Kat. [@64306,SmartKat]
SmartKat · 51-55, F
[@40142,Carissimi] 🥰

Categories: Dating and Relationships, Romance and True Love

My bf went to lie down in the other room, and it’s... | I Want to Be In a Healthy Loving Relationship | Replies | Similar Worlds