I Am An Atheist

I realized at a young age that everything I was being taught in church hinged on the fear of suffering. Salvation was the carrot, Damnation the stick. Trying to talk about this with my family just got them angry. They dug in their heels, and so did I.

I'm not militant about it. That being said, if people want me to believe in what they believe, they are going to need a lot more than a really old book to do it.
4
|
Edited: 4 mths ago
ScarletWitch · 22-25, F
I believe in Laws of Attraction. I half believe my old religion. I would never abandon what I was brought up as. So I also consider myself Christian. I have also witnessed some crazy shit of the afterlife. So I have mix feelings about many things.
Qwerty14 · 26-30, M
I wish I had an upbringing like that. Then I'd finally understand wtf kinda messed up childhood all these atheists had. Instead I had loving parents *sighs*
QueenOfQuirk · 18-21, F
I realised it just last week that religion is all about keeping us in check and prayers are all about begging and feeling guilty; which is why I try to think for myself now
Abrienda · 22-25, F
[@10636,QueenOfQuirk] What a wit! Took you long to think of that comeback, did it? Or are you typing your responses from a public toilet and saw it there?

Yes the truth is boring to someone as stupid and proud of her lack of fundamental knowledge as you. Enjoy yourself.

Done.
QueenOfQuirk · 18-21, F
[@5932,Abrienda] Lmao say what you want but you’re the one getting your panties in a twist over a response on an anon site 😂
Qwerty14 · 26-30, M
[@10636,QueenOfQuirk] Lol looks like you just wanted to comment without question. You understand this is a forum site? The point is discourse
Dazzle · 22-25, F
I think you mean salvation was the carrot, and you in a sense contradict yourself by alluding to a two edged sword and then specifying that only one edge matters.
[@906156,Dazzle] I did mix those up while writing that, it has now been fixed. Thanks for the heads up.

I Am An Atheist
Categories: Religion

I realized at a young age that everything I was be... | I Am An Atheist | Similar Worlds