I Think Therefore I Sigh

Why would they do that, in your opinion?

This has happened for the second time in two months.

I’ve ordered an outdoor patio set and paid in full, in person after selecting one of the sets on display.

They promised to deliver the next day.

Then they call up the next day and say they can’t deliver as they have no stock in the warehouse!

Same store, two different locations.

They even agreed to return the money, but refused to give away the set on display, saying they need it for future orders!

I find it ridiculous coz if they don’t have any inventory then what’s the point?
Kinda Kafkaesque imo. All the parts that are supposed to make a transaction smooth are like strangers amongst themselves, causing irritable outcomes like this. :(
[@919584,TeaNTea] its frustrating to say the least! The most ridiculous thing is that thatbloody display set is still on display! So that this cycle is never ending...idk what are they trying to prove here?

Fake sales!?
Fake inventory?
Fake logistics?

What!?!
dancingtongue · 80-89, M
Inventory probably is on back order and expected any day; trucking from the store rather than the warehouse requires scheduling changes and possible overtime. That said, you are right: customer service and fulfilling commitments should be top priority. It is no wonder that retail stores are disappearing -- the only way they can compete with the online merchandisers is through personalized customer service, yet most try to compete on price by CUTTING customer service. They deserve to go out of business.
I know. You gave some very valid points, and had it been 2 months ago, when my first order was cancelled, I would have believed you. But the same problem persisting over different patio sets with the same store at different locations over 60 odd days?!? There’s something else that is faked here. [@626983,dancingtongue]
dancingtongue · 80-89, M
[@372543,Vivaci] Got it, and I see it is Lowe's -- one of the big boxes trying to go online -- rather than a local store.
Yeah...their logistics sucks tbh. [@626983,dancingtongue]

I say local coz they’re made in the USA...Vs what we tend to get on Amazon. 😕
Kimchigirl · 31-35, F
I agree. Why display something you don't have? I can see them ordering it and having a delay but just to hand back the money and keep the display up?
Ikr? And that too a store like Lowe’s! 😑

I expect them to be a bit more professional than HD and Walmart(price wise!) [@1201561,Kimchigirl]
MrBrownstone · 41-45, M
Sales is all about getting your money.
But its only for a day...and what a waste of time! [@1149,MrBrownstone]
MotherHubbard · 56-60, F
Online shopping is very popular because stores refuse to stock some of the most popular items.
I smell Amazon.
Nope. Its Lowes! 😑

And I know my Amazon will deliver a made in China product on time! But I refuse to support that. [@1201621,MotherHubbard]
JoyfulSilence · 46-50, M
I hate when that happens!

I got my computer chair from IKEA 11 years ago. Over time the leather bubbled, and I peeled off the bubbles since it was so annoying. Eventually I went to IKEA and replaced it with the same thing. I kept the old one, I put my massage cushion on it.

In spring 2020 the new one cracked in half, first on one side, then the other. So I swapped it with the peeling one.

I went to IKEA and found it on display, but it was not in stock. Almost everything was out of stock due to pandemic disruptions in the supply chain.

So I had to find a new one. I found one at Office Max and they had a box and I took it home.

It has been a year and I have yet to open the box.

I just cover the peeling chair with towels.

This summer I need to assemble my new chair, LOL!
eyeno · M
They make intrest with customers money.
You should ask for your money back and notify you when it's available.

I Think Therefore I Sigh
When I feel overly connected to someone a sigh escapes my lips. If this happens to you in love please join.