I Just Want To Be Skinny

Feel like giving up today

I am holding steady at 170lbs and it is making me crazy. I am eating 1500 calories a day average (low 1200 high 1700 on heavy exercise) and getting sweat inducing exercise every day and I am staying the same weight. The only option is to cut calories even more.

My doctor said it is stress. I don't care any more. If I have to starve myself I will. Fine. 1200 a day strict limit regardless of exercise.
alongalone · M
Hi. I weigh about 175 am 5'9" but my diabetes is still making me feel sick sometimes and making my hands and feet go numb sometimes. I don't take my metformin like I should. Fit for life books are very good to read, I should get them again myself. Hope you get at weight you want soon
Doomflower · 36-40, F
[@1136877,alongalone] fit for life is good but I have moved beyond it. Basically I need to eat less.
Novascel · M
Stop paying attention to the scale.
It will save you the emotional stress.I literally weigh myself once every few months.
Because oftentimes when you lose weight you also gain muscle and so the scale might not move at all.
Ive been exercising for the past 6 months using high intensity cardio, 3 days on, one day off.
And I've only lost 15 pounds total.
But my clothes fall off.
1200 calories is too low if you exercise.
1500 is the lowest I would go.
Doomflower · 36-40, F
[@332555,Novascel] I know I'm just frustrated. Clothes don't seem to change. I am just stuck.
Novascel · M
[@85866,Doomflower] If you're replacing muscle with fat then oftentimes that happens too.
I used to wear a size 8 at my thinnest, and then a size 12 at my heaviest.
Yet now that I'm working out I've actually gone up 4 pant sizes from my glutes alone.
Also cant fit my arms in nothing.
But things are looser on my waist, they don't fall off, but they're rather loose.
Give it some time. Take progression pictures.
Change is very subtle. I still feel heavy, but I've lost weight in all the areas except where I want it to(stomach usually goes last)
wackidywack · 22-25
Drinking at least a litre of water a day also helps. Massive love. It's also important to be patient with yourself. You've got this
PerthSurfer · 46-50, M
I have found that i reach weight plateau's like that and it takes ages to break through it.
and yes, stress is my number one reason for gaining weight and struggling to lose it.

I Just Want To Be Skinny