Education

Introductory logic should be a requirement in schools
If it's important we learn basic math and English and science, we really should make mandatory that people learn logic and what logical fallacies are.
13
|
SuicideScout · 26-30, M
Teach me these logics
SuicideScout · 26-30, M
This best not be loud sex noises when I open it
SuicideScout · 26-30, M
@basilfawlty89: not a real link is it
basilfawlty89 · 26-30, M
It is, it's just not properly showing up with linking here.
AlanPartridge · 36-40, M
Logic isn't required while society is under the rule of feminism
AlanPartridge · 36-40, M
@basilfawlty89: I'm bored of talking to you. You're single minded and judgemental. Bye 👋
basilfawlty89 · 26-30, M
As I am of you. I don't respect your kind. Just now that if you guys do start to get violent, I'll be the first to lock and load :)
AlanPartridge · 36-40, M
[image=https://media.giphy.com/media/PYEGoZXABBMuk/200.gif]
anotherclone · 31-35, M
and anal too
Schools should teach you how to think for yourself and question what you don't understand. Schools should not teach you what to think, or how to apply it. A good teacher teaches in such a way that you want to know more, and that moves you to ask questions and explore all possibilities.
@basilfawlty89: true, but logic can't be learned if you're not interested, or ready to grasp why it matters. A student has to want to learn in order for logic to sink in.
basilfawlty89 · 26-30, M
Sure, but that could be said about math too. It's still an essential thing to learn.
@basilfawlty89: that's true indeed.
Smtwn829 · 31-35, M
I agree. Arguments and decisions should be based on some form of logic and not emotional as most seem prone to do.
why, when most people are more concerned with reality tv and football?

logic is lost on ignorance.
basilfawlty89 · 26-30, M
Yeah, but it could also be because we don't bother with logic in the first place.
@basilfawlty89: it's a natural extension of math. However, given the performance on standardized tests in the US.
It would be a generational battle to actually implement with any integrity.
SweetMae · 61-69, F
Logic is essential.
Maybe then some people could actually produce a logical; and thoughtful discussion on what "black privilege" and "white privilege" really is. And their role in society throughout history.

Or the thought patterns of ciswomen and transwomen.....
That was the premise of the debate team when I was in school, but alas, participation was not mandatory.
Puffieke · F
I don't think we can learn too much English.

Education

Introductory logic should be a requirement in scho... | Education | Similar Worlds