I Like a Good Quote

"A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance." Hunter S. Thompson
Edited: 3 yrs ago
Absolutely true. ☝
StellasXOF · 36-40
Yeah I'm
Counting on it
Pinkstarburst · 46-50, F
This reminded me of my boss. He always liked the following Thompson quote, "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!"
I like to think he would want me to keep practicing my skid.
Noble · 51-55, M
@Pinkstarburst: That too, is a great quote! You know he'd want you skidding, and I'm so happy you had the opportunity to be impacted by a seemingly wonderful individual!
firefall · 61-69, M
That predates HST by quite a while - I read it in Napoleon's Memoirs, but I think it goes back to at least Sun Tzu

Also, it sounds incredibly un-Thompsonlike, he was pretty famous for his own procrastination habit
Noble · 51-55, M
@firefall: Quite possible; I don't doubt it dates long ago!
I simply recall Thompson writing this in his letters published in The Proud Highway.
thinkincubes · 36-40, M
that's exactly what the procrastinator wants though
StellasXOF · 36-40
Yeah 😄😄
Noble · 51-55, M
@TragicMonkey: Very true! Many are reluctant to choose and would rather it be done for them. Others, can be stifled out of fear.

I Like a Good Quote
Community Hobbies Movies and TV Music Poetry Writings

"A man who procrastinates in his choosing wil... | I Like a Good Quote | Similar Worlds