I Like a Good Quote
Generosity is a virtue for individuals, not governments. When governments are generous it is with other people’s money, other people’s safety, other people’s future.
md09john316 · 31-35, M
Completely agree with this quote; government has no business being generous with taxpayer dollars. I can be generous with my own money without their assistance.
gloomysunday · 26-30, F
Yes it is like you said, I don't need help with what I want to do with my own money. I can make that decision for myself, without their names attached to it as well. Thereby it makes it less "my" business more "theirs" and having them take "full credit" for what was originally my input.
md09john316 · 31-35, M
Amen; right on sister. :) If I wanted the government's opinion of how my money should be spent, I would ask them; since I didn't ask them, I do not need their help. I want to build a library, travel the world and open up a business.
gloomysunday · 26-30, F
yes all admirable goals to be honest, and none needing the input of others.

Exactly, they didn't ask for our opinion thereby it's considered "stealing" our work for their own
md09john316 · 31-35, M
I recognize that we need some level of taxation to pay for essential services. We have already come together and defined those essential services in the federal constitution and they include things like the military and immigration and the courts, not roads, bridges and health care. Anything outside those things upon which we have all agreed about spending money on, is unnecessary and theft; they need to follow the 8th commandment: You shall not steal.

I Like a Good Quote
Community Hobbies Movies and TV Music Poetry Writings