I Express Myself Through Writing

Remember.

Last night I held you in my arms and kissed your forehead as you after tucking you into bed. I gently close your bedroom door , leaving just enough light to come into your room just as you liked it. I went to the kitchen and finished picking up from supper and made sure everything was cleaned and put up. On my way at to my bedroom I found a couple of your toys that I had asked for you to put away, instead of getting mad I just had to laugh cause I know why you leave them out. You have told me many times that they are your favorites and you will just take them out and play with them again tomorrow. I finally made it to my bedroom and after saying my prayers , i went to sleep knowing I had to wake up early.

The morning did come early and like always I had to get you up , fix your favorite cereal for breakfast and make sure you were dressed and had all you book-sack for school. You asked if I was going to fight a fire today and I said well hopefully it will just be a small one if any. I kissed your check as we walked to your classroom and told you I loved you big as the world.

That was eight o clock on the morning of 9-11-2001, and little did I know that was the last time I get to see you son. An hour and eleven minutes later , our world as we knew it was changed forever. My fire company got the call shortly after 9:11 and we responded quickly. We were joined by so many fire fighters and first responders, all trying to help as many people as they could.

I know you probably knew once you were told what had happened, that your daddy was fighting a big fire. What you didn鈥檛 know was how dark and hot it was in that building. We climbed and climbed so many stairs , trying to find people that we could save. It was just all too much and the heat was overwhelming. The big building collapsed while we were searching and we had no way out.

Son you have grown up and I鈥檓 proud of the young man you are now. I鈥檝e seen you go on your first date, I laughed at how nervous you were. I was so proud to see you graduate from high school and I cried when I see you get your diploma. I will be watching from up above later today when you join the thousands of others and go to the memorial.

Remember not only me but everyone who lost their lives and the ones who went into the buildings and didn鈥檛 come out.

Signed ,

A New York City Firefighter.
3
|
馃様鉂わ笍
JeanAnnaF
What a beautiful but so very sad testimony. Thanks to all those first responders who gave their lives on that fateful day. And to all those that saved so many lives. We shall never forget. God bless!

I Express Myself Through Writing
Categories: Hobbies, Writings

Remember. Last night I held you in my arms and ki... | I Express Myself Through Writing | Similar Worlds