I Am Superstitious
midnightsun · 22-25, M
Maybe hundreds of them

I don't even follow one
midnightsun · 22-25, M
[@936593,Ladyofthecats] I don't have any "strange" one. All of them are pretty strange to me.

Like if someone sneezes while you're going out then you shouldn't go out for the next ten min
[@854020,brokenswordsandshatteredshield] I find this stuff interesting, makes me wonder how it first got started
midnightsun · 22-25, M
[@936593,Ladyofthecats] human mind has a habit of finding patterns in irrational things .
WelshLovely · 41-45, F
We don't do any laundry on New Year's Day because you will wash someone out of the family apparently.
[@1767,WelshLovely] Never heard that one! That’s great, I’ll take any excuse not to do laundry
Dan193 · 26-30, M
If u talk about somebody and you sneeze, then that person must be mentioning you at the time.
[@14565,Dan193] haha that’s great
snofan · M
Don't eat icecream in the shower.
Random [@35148,snofan]
I do the same thing too, and I don’t walk under ladders either. Black cats don’t phase me as I used to have a black cat.
[@1390,AwakeningConfession9] Aww she looks beautiful. I had a wonderful black cat named Zara years ago, she was a fierce protector of me. Black cats are special
This one was a feral cat that came into my life while I was grieving over my late best friends 10 year death anniversary. She was a very empathetic, and she was there for me through some depressive times. [@936593,Ladyofthecats]
[@1390,AwakeningConfession9] Cats are amazing like that
I don't step on a crack while walking under a ladder and holding a black cat.
Keepitsimple · 51-55, F
I’m Catholic, not supposed to be superstitious but I have a bunch of them also.
alan20 · M
From as far back as I can remember, I rejected every superstition I came across. My mother was a strict Catholic who saw superstition as a sin, so maybe that's where it came from though I've added all religion to my list. It doesn't stop me enjoying a good ghost story. Ironically the night before my granny's death my mother was 100% convinced she heard the banshee; in other words some cats in heat. The Irish are incredibly superstitious. I suppose if you walk under a ladder you could get hit by something. I'd say it comes from times when there was no electricity; only an open turf fire, dark shadows, moaning sounds from the wind. Its fun!

I Am Superstitious
Beliefs Health Religion