I Like This Quote

"Misanthropy develops when without art one puts complete trust in somebody thinking the man absolutely true and sound and reliable and then a little later discovers him to be bad and unreliable ... and when it happens to someone often ... he ends up ... hating everyone."
~Socrates

I like it because I can relate to it real well. I've been betrayed and let down by everyone who ever got close to me. [u]Everyone[/u]. I learned the hard way that that's just how people are. It's nobody's fault, it's just human nature. But that doesn't mean I have to like it either.
2
|
saintsong · 36-40, F
People have so much going against them,there are forces constantly working against us and it's in our nature to sin...That's why I put my trust in God and not in man.
Renikari · F
I tried thinking like that. But then I realized that God isn't here for me and so I don't count on God either.

I Like This Quote

"Misanthropy develops when without art one pu... | I Like This Quote | Similar Worlds