Doing Good

Growing up in Midlle school,
I use to hate learning about black history month. It was just so awkward being the only dark skin person in the class nonetheless the whole school to be exact. And its not that I was ashamed. But now, im learning from it and its so interesting. Some of the stuff I didnt even know because I was stupid and skipped classed. I seriously thought MLK was still alive. I just didnt think to do much research on him until a few days ago for an assignment.
4
|
It's awkward being the only German in class too >_>
馃槀馃槀
I loved the moment when we started talking about WWII and everyone looks at me like "Tell us everything"
firefall61-69, M
I cant even imagine how that must have felt. Glad you're connecting to it, now.
KingofPizza231-35, M
It was always kind of weird because it sort of implied that the rest of the year was for white people history.
Neuroticnelly36-40, F
Its important to know where you came from and to know the battles that were fought for you. We all have an ethnic history. The whites are just so mixed up you cant separate one culture from the next by just looking at them.
walabby61-69, M
Do they have a "Native American History Month"? What happened to the poor old Indians was not great.. :(
Neuroticnelly36-40, F
We learned a lot about them in school. I dont know if kids still do today.
walabby61-69, M
There are plenty of books detailing pre-Colombian America. One of the ones that I read was titled "1492"

Doing Good

Growing up in Midlle school, | Doing Good | Similar Worlds