Doing Good

If people who have had multiple marriages have increasingly worse chances of a successful one..
does that mean people who have had many relationships also have increasingly worse odds of having a successful relationship?
0
|
well...if it's excessive then the problem may be them
sunfirevmj · 36-40, F
no my second very happy
AwakeAndDreaming · 22-25, F
I think marriage is socially considered more of an official, long-term thing that shouldn't be broken unless absolutely necessary whereas relationships, while possibly serious and long term, are less specific and more forgiving.

So in general, I would say [u]no[/u]. But ultimately, it depends on the person.
I think it has a lot to do with how the relationships end and how you let them affect you. If you take what you learned and love better in the next and stay truer and be more honest and also know more about yourself.

But if you are building a habit of breaking off when things get tough, and they always will get tough, then you are setting up for failure.
Ynotisay · M
About 50% of first marriages end in divorce and I believe it's only about 30% of second marriages that do.
So your odds are better the second time around.
plungesponge · 36-40, M
Where did these stats come from? Mine are from: http://ideas.time.com/2013/10/04/why-second-marriages-are-more-perilous/ and a google search for "2nd marriage divorce rate"

Doing Good

If people who have had multiple marriages have inc... | Doing Good | Similar Worlds