I Am Just Curious

What movie or movies do you wish you'd never seen?

Have you ever seen a movie so horrible,or so violent, that you really wish you'd never seen it? I don't just mean a movie you didn't like, but one that mentally scarred you for life.

I would nominate two from my own experience. (Maybe I should mention that I'm a real genuine sissy about blood, gore and violence):
Starship Troopers
(Those bugs were just too much for me).
Seven
(Too much gore and evil people, too close to reality for me).
HeidiA · 41-45, F
Most of the marvel films.
Poplala · 31-35, F
The exorcism of Emily Rose
basilfawlty89 · 31-35, M
Cannibal Holocaust.
I had no idea at the time, but the animal violence in the film was real. The human violence while not real was too realistic.
Raine · F
The Hills Have Eyes was awful.
CantExplain · 61-69, M
I’ve left or turned off 1st John Wick, Reservoir Dogs…I especially am impatient w/ stupid movies…
hunkalove · 61-69, M
Freeway (1996) starring Reese Witherspoon, was a favorite of mine for many years. It is a great movie, based on Little Red Riding Hood, but too violent for me to watch anymore. And Saving Private Ryan (1998) took me several years and several attempts to get through the opening D-Day landing and then it wasn't much of a movie.
CBarson · 46-50
"London Has Fallen" pure propaganda
In high school sociology class we were shown a short movie released in 1969 called “The Lottery” about an annual lottery to choose a random human from the farming community to sacrifice that would ensure the next year’s harvest would be plentiful. At first the gathering was playful like an annual celebration until the time came for the drawing and it was a wife & mother. Eventually even her own children joined in the stoning and death of her. It was disturbing.
greenmountaingal · 70-79, F
[@16806,cherokeepatti] It's a very disturbing story for sure.
HauntedWitch · 56-60, F
[@16806,cherokeepatti] The Shirley Jackson story was required reading in my high school 10th grade English class. I don't think I've seen the movie.
[@1212591,HauntedWitch] We didn’t read the story. They just had us watch the short movie.
MrBrownstone · 41-45, M
The Devil’s Rejects
Azlotto · M
Titanic.
nefelibata · 46-50, F
Death Becomes Her.
Barefooter25 · 41-45, M
Triangle. Way too confusing. That and Deep Rising made me realize that horror movies on cruise ships are just money pits for Hollywood.
No, I've seen a few horrifying movies but I don't regret watching any of them. They are a reminder of how gruesome people are. It's not bad to have that fact in mind.
HauntedWitch · 56-60, F
[@472983,CrazyMusicLover] I don't have too many regrets about the movies I've seen either. The things that get to me are real life horrors - the news, and things that have happened to me and people I know.
[@1212591,HauntedWitch] Some movies get to me just like real events because most of those I had in mind were based on real events. Despite that I end up horrified or nauseated I see it as educational material about reality that is important to acknowledge. But it's true that I don't search for such movies deliberately. I even read synopsis to decide if I want to watch a particular movie at all these days.
HauntedWitch · 56-60, F
[@472983,CrazyMusicLover] Good idea. I've been a horror film fan since as far back as I can remember, but I prefer the classics which have less gore and violence. I do watch new movies fairly regularly but I check the reviews first so I don't waste too much time on dreck.

So far, none of the movies I've seen have given me nightmares, but some things I've seen over the years in the news were just unforgettable.
JupiterDreams · 26-30
Funny Games
Goodnight Mommy
Home Movie
Sinister

I Am Just Curious