Archived Questions

Would I be able to paint over vinyl with acrylic paint, and then go over it with polyurethene to make a watertight seal?
It's a decal, but it's not colored. All I need is white and a few touches of gray here and there (it's of Baymax), but I don't want the paint to chip off or anything. What would be the best way for me to paint in the white and still create a watertight finish that blends into the vinyl? I wish I didn't have to do this, because I mean, Baymax himself is made of vinyl, but I really want him to be colored.
0
|
CartoonishSuperVillainy2015
Run a finishing grade sandpaper like a 240 grit over the vinyl to rough up the finish, then wipe it clean and prime it, then the acrylic paint will stick.
TetrisGuy · 22-25, M
Won't that scratch off the decal, though? Or is the decal's image on its underside?
CartoonishSuperVillainy2015
I didn't read the entire question. For doing tough up work like you're describing you'll have to spot-sand, when use a makeup sponge to dab the color on.
TetrisGuy · 22-25, M
Hmm, okies x3 Is there anything I should do to the paint? Do you suggest that I mix it directly with poly or should I paint it then poly it?
squid4u
Coat it with the proper primer first

Archived Questions

Would I be able to paint over vinyl with acrylic p... | Archived Questions | Similar Worlds