Archived Questions

Why do people assume that the Arabic language is all tough, all about killing and insults?
You do know that the Arabs are known for their long love poem, don't you?
+ 0 18 replies 0 views Apr 12, 2015 |
LvChris
Same reason that so much of the world thinks Americans are fat and stupid; lack of exposure. And, no, not the kind of "exposing" that goes on by pervs online, but that might contribute to the stupid...
SirTrengo
they do? o.O i don't understand a word of it!! except those that got incorporated into my own language, that is :x
SirTrengo
yeah, crazy arabs, huh?? perhaps what survived in books is a stylized form of the language? people didn't really speak like that in the streets, just in books =)
MissGaga · 26-30, F
Yeah we don't speak like that lol... I can hardly understand what those crazy lovers are saying to each other... goodness me, one of the most difficult things I had to study.. but perhaps that's because I am not too much with poem and that stuff in the first place
SirTrengo
no, it's because the language back then had different meanings. not only it's stylized, it had lots of very specific meanings we have no idea of. it takes a historian to help decipher old poetry =)
jjoe01
I posted some Arabic songs, they are great.
MissGaga · 26-30, F
I love listening to Fairuz in Arabic, but other than that, i mostly listen to songs in English.
jjoe01
I love music in all different languages.
EarthlingWise
I don't assume that. Even German can be nice. If spoken by nice people.
MissGaga · 26-30, F
Yeah I know the Arabic language 'sounds' tough to most non Arabs, but that doesn't mean that we don't have sweet words. Someone ignorant told me: I can't imagine the sweet talk in Arabic. WTF, he thinks we just exchange insults all the time.
SirTrengo
but german doesn't have a word for fluffy :(
MissGaga · 26-30, F
For real? O.o We have a word for fluffy... but it doesn't 'sound' as nice as fluffy lol!
Valencia
Because..the very old and traditional one is tough...and the slang and modern version is all about insults lol ..
MissGaga · 26-30, F
lol O.o
Valencia
#SorryNotSorry
Valencia
.
mother1983
They are just negative people or they don't know that.

Archived Questions

Why do people assume that the Arabic language is a... | Archived Questions | Similar Worlds