Experiences

If the doctor wants you on meds and you dont want to be on them what would you do ?

You will be put on injection if you don’t take your pills I know
riseofthemachine · 36-40, M
[@1205472,Anastasiathelostprincess1986] I was on an injection . I got a bad reaction to it and they put my on tablets instead
They will find away to force you to take them [@967456,riseofthemachine]
riseofthemachine · 36-40, M
[@1205472,Anastasiathelostprincess1986] Can they really do that by law
Sibo191 · 36-40, M
Don't take them.
I tried that now I’m on injections every two weeks [@502796,Sibo191]
Not take them. It's my body.
riseofthemachine · 36-40, M
[@14748,Zebrawl] they slow down your health completely
It's your choice. [@967456,riseofthemachine]
HotDamnSam · 26-30
It depends on the med🕵🏽‍♂️
You could suggest a different one too.
Picklebobble2 · 56-60, M
Take a breath. . . . .

Now, what do you think is going to happen if you take the medication ?
riseofthemachine · 36-40, M
[@484541,QueenandCrown] It's mental health
Picklebobble2 · 56-60, M
[@967456,riseofthemachine] Doctors don’t issue medication for nothing.
They issue it because they think it will help.

Perhaps your spirit isn’t helping you at the moment.
riseofthemachine · 36-40, M
[@448576,Picklebobble2] your right my spirit isn't helping me . God I never heard it put that way before . Very good 😊
QueenandCrown · 36-40, F
It depends on what it's for.
Powderflask · 26-30, M
I’d refuse. You can legally refuse treatment unless it’s court mandated. Drs “suggest”
riseofthemachine · 36-40, M
[@550058,Powderflask] it's not court . Thanks 😊
Blueclearsky · 46-50, M
Guess it depends on what the meds are.
Xicsukin · 26-30, M
Depends on the medication. You can either not take them or talk vto your doc and see if their are other alternatives or medication you can try.
riseofthemachine · 36-40, M
[@480531,Xicsukin] the problem with me is that I'm stubborn and I dont want to depend on no one for my mental health especially if I'm disagreeing with it
Xicsukin · 26-30, M
[@967456,riseofthemachine] do whatever it takes to get yourself better.

I've had friend who needed to be checked into centres cusnkfnmentals breaks and I have seen others spiral and just use their mental disorders as an excuse but then refuse to take meds (not giving them eniug time to work though their system) and turn to drug and/or alcohol as the real solution.
Perry4444 · 51-55, M
Depends what they are for?
Perry4444 · 51-55, M
[@967456,riseofthemachine] Do you exercise? Workout?
riseofthemachine · 36-40, M
[@583339,Perry4444] I walk a lot .
Perry4444 · 51-55, M
[@967456,riseofthemachine] That can help. Diet to.
DropTopDig · 90-99, M
Not take them, they don't help any.
candycane · 31-35, F
I didnt take them and got a different doc
Rutterman · 41-45, M
Maybe there are alternative meds that will get the job done and you can look into that in consultation with your doctor. But ultimately, it's your decision and you don't have to take any meds you don't want to take. Just make sure you understand the potential consequences of not taking them.
MachiavellianSpirit · 22-25, F
Assuming you've not been sectioned, you cannot be forced to take medication.

Try to find alternative ways to manage your condition and never lie to yourself about whether or not you're coping. Learn your triggers if you can, adjust diet, exercise, look into alternative medicine if that's something you're open to.

The sad fact is if your behaviour becomes erratic enough, the choice of treatment usually ends up completely out of your hands.
riseofthemachine · 36-40, M
[@789219,MachiavellianSpirit] I'm not a violent person , never was . I'm not that type even in my baddest of days .
My mind is too powerful for me that's the problem .
I'm doing meditation a lot and that helps
MachiavellianSpirit · 22-25, F
[@967456,riseofthemachine] I've seen non-violent people get sectioned, ostensibly for their own protection etc.

I was speaking of erratic behaviour in terms of failure to function in every day life, a lack of stability which can result in reckless self-endangerment and losing the will to take good care of yourself. These are also reasons you can be sectioned under the Mental Health Act.

Meditation is definitely a useful tool, and i hear sticking to some sort of routine is also helpful.
is this supposed to be a trick question?
riseofthemachine · 36-40, M
[@377093,BiasForAction] theresxno tricking here . You remind me from the movie Gone baby Gone when he asks him is it a trick question 😂😂😂Did you see the movie . My favourite scene is when he talks to cheese about the kidnapping of the child when she was 3 . You should watch it
Aboomachu · 31-35, M
Get a second opinion.
riseofthemachine · 36-40, M
[@14748,Zebrawl] it's nice to get help too . You seem so together by talking to you or else you either got rejected when you went for help for in order to make up your mind very quick
I don't know what you mean. I just know we are responsible for ourselves. We don't have to take medication if it doesn't work for us or we don't like it/ them. They're may be consequences for not getting help if we need it but ultimately it's up to us to get it and to choose what kind of help we get. [@967456,riseofthemachine]
Aboomachu · 31-35, M
[@14748,Zebrawl] Exactly.
Valdaine · M
I don't take some of the meds I was put on. I don't like the effects they have on me, and the doctor just says they are fine, or I will adjust to them
MissFugger · F
look for a different doctor

Experiences