I Love My Best Friend
Only logged in members can view the full post, comments, images and videos.
I've never known a sociopath..
It would be a cautious relationship I think..

There would be a constant need to examine our interactions, to guard against being manipulated...
Helping someone cope with this problem would be a courageous undertaking..

It seems to me that it would be very difficult...
Miram · 26-30, F
[@349735,onestarrynight]

The capability to manipulate exists within everyone. Someone who has manipulation as a powerful impulse, and yet manages to keep it under-control to me is exhibiting more discipline and expressing much more care, compared to someone who is naturally non-violent.

As you know my father is a psychopath, I don't lack in experience. And throughout my life it wasn't just ASPD that were manipulative, it was ordinary people too.

ASPD just are demonized more frequently than the rest and it became some sort of social knee jerk reaction to judge their label instead of actions.
[@542305,Miram]

[quote]Someone who has manipulation as a powerful impulse, and yet manages to keep it under-control to me is exhibiting more discipline and expressing much more care, compared to someone who is naturally non-violent.[/quote]

This seems like a very reasonable statement...
MrWarfare94 · 26-30, M
[@349735,onestarrynight] my best friend is one and at times he can be difficult to control and sometimes makes me not want to take him places but we have a great bond and we have each others backs so I put up with him! :)
May I talk to you about this sometime?
Miram · 26-30, F
[@976072,Almostgone] Absolutely yes! And anything else too. ❤️
Thank you ❤️❤️❤️:) and likewise[@542305,Miram]
CULTure · 31-35, F
That and there are regular people who are still horrible and are not sociopathic. I don't put much stock in the Bible but the phrase "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" comes to mind.

Not all Nazis are legit.. many just were there to protect their families. However that doesn't change the fact they did horrible things and if they just said no.. it would have NEVER happened.

So there's a lot of things that humans have engaged in out of fear, to be cool, to be popular etc.
atlantic59 · 61-69, M
I lived with a schizophrenic girl for about three years and she stabbed me twice and choked me while sleeping and I saw her go to jail twice, plus I quit a good job because of her and despite it all, I knew it wasn't her fault. My life was definitely made much more difficult and she was very paranoid, -I ultimately got out of the bf/gf relationship and eventually moved three thousand miles away and she still calls and still has the same struggles. I still feel for her although I still get frustrated with her episodes and lack of proper treatment. Now, a sociopath, that must be another immense challenge to those around them. The mental health community has so much need for understanding and discovery.
Miram · 26-30, F
[@7245,PsychopathNextDoor]

He is a peaceful person who wanted a peaceful life. Not everyone is into what it takes to keep her, it doesn't make them happy.
[@542305,Miram] I get it now....I REALLY wasn't understanding it at first.
atlantic59 · 61-69, M
[@542305,Miram] Thankyou for saying that. I tried in my way, but when my own life became shambles, what good was I to anyone. And she would shrug her actions off while in her wake was her own victims...
sarabee1995 · 26-30, F
Wow. Powerful post. I think I need to put some thought into this. Do you or have you ever felt threatened?
Miram · 26-30, F
[@1360,sarabee1995] I never felt threatened. I felt very angry once and wanted to hurt him. We worked things out eventually.
anas0 · 26-30, M
i dont know about his .
but i know the people are 2 despite who or what thy are .
there are the ones who need are help also despite who or what thy are
and the ones you need to call it in for there own sake ,

defining witch one is the person your dealing with is a little difficult
anas0 · 26-30, M
[@542305,Miram] i mean find someone professional to help him ..
like a psychological doctor or someone who can understand him.
but if he is the kind of dangerous... the police is the only thing that comes to my mind !!!
Miram · 26-30, F
[@921385,anas0] hahaha

I can understand him very much and if he decides to get a therapist, he has my support

He is not violent at all. He is very calculating and in control of his actions.
anas0 · 26-30, M
[@542305,Miram] i see ... that makes it a little bit easy for you
i am also a little bit calculating person too !!
Mulder · 36-40, M
A sociopath destroyed my chance at a normal life.
Miram · 26-30, F
[@510099,Mulder] I am sorry to hear that. If you scroll down, you can see I too had something similar.
Sarah1 · 26-30, F
Nice 🌹
SatyrService · 100+, M
but ultimatly, you are not safe from these behaviours. such persons do not see you as a person, only an asset. one that can be dropped or abused at any time.
I choose to move away from evil, tho effective it is a hollow place to live.
and the user personalities, sociopathy, narcissism and such ineveitably turn agains those even considered as "friends"
Be aware, Be careful, it is not obvious when such "turns"
Miram · 26-30, F
[@10989,SatyrService] I am sure your intentions are good.

I don't lack experience with ASPD or with them particularly. I am also capable of knowing when they are choosing to be good. And capable to understand evil exists within all including you and me. Same for the opposite.
SatyrService · 100+, M
[@542305,Miram] I think the choice to be good is easier for some than others. a sociaopath at least is a learned behvior, as compared to the psychopath, that has a biological condition.
these toxic styles of activity have one advantege, that makes choosing good over evil, harder.
MUCH bad behaviour is effective, getting it's user what it wants. violence DOES solve things,, but only for the violent.
It takes perspective to look past ones self, and we struggle with that as growing children. But those how cling to wicked ways, because they WIN, are harder to come to realizing a better world is more important, thanpersonal sucess

Many such people are drawn into politics.
okaybut · 51-55, M
Is it still working?
Miram · 26-30, F
[@7245,PsychopathNextDoor] I don't know if you grew up safe. Some things are best buried and can't be recalled.

You sound very alone. I hope you find someone special that can shelter you and love you, a loyal someone.

I have been betrayed few times myself. Some are worth the risk
okaybut · 51-55, M
[@7245,PsychopathNextDoor] Each individual and relationship is unique and we find what works for us, but that does not make it necessarily good for us. Unfortunately the only way to get the good is to know yourself and that may not happen at any point. So we balance, trying to achieve intimacy and not be too fucked up. I am meandering here, because as social animals most of us need someone, but the health of that need is not a given, so we just make our way through the best we can. But we have to keep trying and not give up on people, if a the base level, that we do not give up on ourselves.
[@542305,Miram] I found someone to love me, nurture & support me but for him he only has a light being so when he go off the deep end and want to play with his demons....they are no were to be found...so I've come here to find a best friend for my Reaper (him) one he can trust this time
I knew you were claimed ...tough kid.... he's blessed to have you. You actually get it.

*Takes off mask & bows.
Miram · 26-30, F
[@7245,PsychopathNextDoor]

*sneezes*

😶
Coppercoil · M
Are you good at identifying the varying personality disorders.. before someone tells you.. maybe before they even know they have it themselves?
Miram · 26-30, F
[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptZ9ZFACJBQ]
And to be understood in that and still loved..is love . 💙
Miram · 26-30, F
[@1073060,Serenade] I miss you.
wexxxxcccc · M
Interesting
wexxxxcccc · M
Do sociopaths turn you women on?
Miram · 26-30, F
[@701696,wexxxxcccc] People are turned on by different things.
wexxxxcccc · M
[@542305,Miram] But my question was do psychopaths turn YOU on??
Miram · 26-30, F
[@701696,wexxxxcccc] You said:

Do sociopaths turn you[b] women[/b] on?

Now that you are only asking about me, I don't get turned on by ASPD or any other disorder for that matter. And there isn't anything in my post that sexualizes them because of it.
atlantic59 · 61-69, M
Incredible testament. Thanks
Miram · 26-30, F
Been more than three years , still close friends. And I have not felt abused nor targeted in anyway. ❤️

I Love My Best Friend
Friendship Health