Fun Popular Science Quiz: what is the 'popular name' of this astronomical 'thing' that astronomers themselves use?

Users well steeped in astronomy/science, give others a chance. This is one some people might be able to guess even if they never learned the name of it before.

uncleshawn · 36-40, M
[b][c=7700B2]Hint: an animal[/c][/b]
Human sacrifice....oh wait- that's old school.

Sextant?...you know ,coz its got the word 'sex' init😁
uncleshawn · 36-40, M
[@912138,OogieBoogie] You lose one cheeseburger.
[@549497,uncleshawn] do I get my $200 as I pass 'Go'?
mrlopez · 26-30, M
Paraguay
uncleshawn · 36-40, M
[@1161949,mrlopez] You get half points for using the most beautiful word in the world, the name of the glorious hi tech country and our beautiful brown river.
[@549497,uncleshawn] pfft, 'flippertygibbet' is more fun 😏
uncleshawn · 36-40, M
[c=7700B2][b]Answer: Horsehead Nebula.[/b] Come on....it's the most recognizable nebula. I'm so sad.[/c]
[@549497,uncleshawn] well, in our defence , you said name one thing astronomers 'USE'...not 'observe', so I was thinking of a piece of equipment, not astrological phenomena.
uncleshawn · 36-40, M
[@912138,OogieBoogie] Yah, the question was worded wonky....technically incorrect grammar. But I figured people are so used to incorrect grammar, especially heavy Internet users, that it woudn't matter. For your good point, you win a pecan pie.
[@549497,uncleshawn] one pecan pie for a cheese burger 🤔...I'd say that's a good deal 😁👍
checkoutanytime · 41-45, M
uncleshawn · 36-40, M
[@1201531,checkoutanytime] Correct!