Finally deleted FB account

I go there maybe once a year.

Today they texted me to wish somebody a happy birthday - only I'd never heard of that person.
Blythe · F
I tried it out for a year. I said to myself, "If I'm not thrilled at the end of a year, I'll delete it." Thankfully, they sent me a notification congratulating me on my one year anniversary, and so I deleted it. It was alright at first, then it became a depressing hassle.
Mamapolo2016 · 70-79, F
[@946591,Blythe] For me, it was just annoying - like a free-for-all of mostly irrelevant nonsense.
Virgo79 · 56-60, M
Wed all be better off without it🙂
HauntedWitch · 56-60, F
I felt I had to get rid of mine. My offline friends and family don't use FB, so I let my account sit dormant. Then a couple of years ago, I wanted to find out more about a business in town and the website said 'See our FB page for more info' so I logged into my account to check this place out. Then I saw my page looked as if it had been hacked -- there were changes on it that don't look like anything I would have done even if I'd been sleepwalking.
[@1212591,HauntedWitch] Yikes!

I’m going to go check my FB account...it’s been 8+ yrs since I’ve logged into mine. 😬🤞
HauntedWitch · 56-60, F
[@372543,Vivaci] Good luck! You probably don't have anything to worry about as long as you have trustworthy friends. I think what happened to me was the result of poor choices on my part: I gave out too much personal info to the wrong people.
Well, I’m going to find that out very soon. We’ll see...[@1212591,HauntedWitch]

Yeah, that was very naive of you. But we’ve all been guilty of that ...🤗
Excellent!! 👍

Haven’t logged in there for 8-10 years now.
DrWatson · 61-69, M
I use FB in a very limited way, and I get the strangest "friend suggestions".
HauntedWitch · 56-60, F
[@338282,DrWatson] I had a really strange experience with some friend requests from that place. The 'friend suggestions' FB sent me were all celebs.
fun4us2b · 61-69, M
Lol 😂 I deleted mine 16 years ago, when Karen shared her tomato sauce recipe....no no....deleted
fun4us2b · 61-69, M
[@663519,Mamapolo2016] The alerts drove me nuts!
Mamapolo2016 · 70-79, F
[@64578,fun4us2b] 😂 That explains a lot!
fun4us2b · 61-69, M
[@663519,Mamapolo2016] Yes, I'm almost fully recovered, but not quite 🐒
checkoutanytime · 41-45, M
🍻! 🗽 🪨 on.

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jQmok3BcHs]
chuck7882 · 56-60, M
Living fairly far from a lot of old friends, it's basically my only way of keeping in touch with them. I know its a pain at times but it keeps the friendships going
Mamapolo2016 · 70-79, F
[@701409,chuck7882] I don't mind if you do. I just doan wanna.
chuck7882 · 56-60, M
[@663519,Mamapolo2016] it's not everybody's cup of tea, that's for sure
AlexaiSchlomokov · 51-55, F
I have a fake account for following groups and public figures