I have an interest in reading/listening about true crime. But I think they have made me a bit paranoid.

It's healthy to have some caution. But things like listening to the documentary about the Watts family murder case has made me lose my trust in people. I will give true crime stories some benefit though, never go out alone at night, don't open the door for anyone, and be aware of your surroundings.
Talesfromthedarkside · 26-30, M
Probably should take a break here and there from that kind of stuff lol
uncleshawn · 36-40, M
That's interesting. I grew up in Kansas, where people still talk about the Clutter family murders, many many years later. (In Cold Blood)
ragingfire · 31-35, M
[quote]never go out alone at night, don't open the door for anyone, and be aware of your surroundings. [/quote]

Some people have to. They work shift jobs and live alone. I remember some dude calling out women going out at night. These people don’t understand that she could be a nurse on her way to save someone’s life, a firefighter or any other essential worker returning from work.
MilitantIrishman · 26-30, M
It pays to be careful.