If your government checked IQ levels of people and anyone below a certain IQ level was to lose their voting rights, would you support such a decision?

Usedtohaveanoffensiveusername · 61-69, M Best Comment
nah, the choice of the candidates is made by the rich and powerful - the vote is a sham to keep the population complacent.

Marlion · 26-30, F
Yeah, I wouldn't have to wote anymore
DeWayfarer · 61-69, M
No. And have an above average IQ. So it wouldn't matter.

Elitism doesn't pay off. Never has. And yes, I know that is exactly what we have. Yet why it doesn't work.
KA9ha · 31-35, M
positively. this move (if ever possible)would raise the countrys intelligent decisions,economies ,quality of life and surge past the idiotic stupidities of present day politicians
BackyardShaman · 61-69, M
I don’t think so, this leads to abuse by authoritarian politicians and legislators. There’s no way it could be done fairly.
[@1062793,BackyardShaman] would you still say this if you belonged to higher IQ group ?
BackyardShaman · 61-69, M
Sure[@1019539,mysteryespresso]
I'd have to think on that. It has some good points but it also paints with a wide brush.
Tbh I'd make voting mandatory.
Organic · 26-30, M
Yes. People with less intelligence may not have the foresight to make the best decisions.
spjennifer · 56-60, T
I would be happier if we had 100% voting, good or bad, voting is a duty, not an obligation. No more gerrymandering BS or voter suppression, votes don't get counted until 100% of people have voted and the votes are tabulated. National Election regulations that are the same in every State and regulated Federally for Congress, Senate and for President.