What was the first change you noticed when you went to a completely new city?

I noticed the difference in trees when we came to our city Bangalore back in 2008. I was in 3rd grade and I noticed that Bangalore has a lots of coconut trees whereas Siliguri and especially Falakata has a lots of betel nut trees along with some coconut trees whereas in our city betel nut trees are very rare.
OldMan70 · 70-79, M
I notice how much the food and dialect were different when I moved from near Detroit to near Austin TX. I was 27 then and got my first job out of college. Convinced my first wife (hotwife) to leave her job as an elementary school teacher and lovers to move with me and try a fresh start with me earning more money.
Maruti800isthebest · 18-21, M
[@1154134,OldMan70] Oh wow man. Btw yes I know the change I saw was silly because I was just in 3rd grade so I didn't notice other stuffs. I loved seeing different trees back then.
OldMan70 · 70-79, M
[@1204421,Maruti800isthebest] You must have some artist talents in your genes..
hunkalove · 61-69, M
The first thing I noticed about Denver was that it wasn't a big city like Chicago, it was more like a big town. People were friendly, there wasn't a lot of traffic.
Maruti800isthebest · 18-21, M
[@45528,hunkalove] Oh cool man.
Adstar · 51-55, M
The cemented channels.. All the streams had been lined with cement..
Maruti800isthebest · 18-21, M
[@1086573,Adstar] Yeah. I also was surprised seeing such tall buildings in our city Bangalore for the first time which aren't there in Siliguri and Falakata
Crazywaterspring · 56-60, M
I noticed traffic in Los Angeles actually moves. Always assume other drivers are drunk, armed and uninsured.
Azlotto · M
When I went to Dallas, Texas I noticed a lot of armadillos on the side of the road. I didn't know until then that armadillos sleep on their backs.
Too many buildings and cars. I had culture shock.