Is there a way to stop whatsapp messages…

From going to the top of the list? I muted my work group chat bc I'm on vacation but their damn messages keep popping up on top of other convos. I want to keep them in the background and not read anything 😠
settings > apps, notifications > your texting app > turn off notifications.
Asmae · 31-35, F
[@980894,Jabulani] I don't get pop up notifications on the screen when I'm not using the app. But when I'm using it to chat with other people outside of work my coworkers messages keep going to the top. It'd be convenient to keep em in the background ~
Elessar · 26-30, M
I don't think so :/

Best solution imo would be registering a secondary SIM card you use only for personal purposes, and you dedicate the current one only for work and other annoyances.

In general, either through settings or through some particular apps (if your phone is Android based) you can keep two WhatsApp installations on the same device, one for each profile.
Elessar · 26-30, M
[@509132,Asmae] iOS as far as I know doesn't allow you to keep more "profiles" of the same app on the same device, allowing for two separate WhatsApp installations. Your best bet is in WA implementing a multiple profile feature internally like Telegram does, but it's been asked for like 8 years or something like that already, and it's never been announced so far.
LookingForTheSummer · 31-35, M
[@44863,Elessar] I've been using Whatsapp since Symbian days. It's one of the worst texting apps. I don't know why many people stick to it. :/
Elessar · 26-30, M
[@676876,LookingForTheSummer] Because back then there was only that, and people are repulsed at the idea of change. [i]Technological conservatism[/i].
lonelyandyb · 36-40, M
Delete WhatsApp and use something else?
Asmae · 31-35, F
[@211649,lonelyandyb] No way. Most people I know use it.
LookingForTheSummer · 31-35, M
Leave the damn group and join it again after your holidays. That's the only solution I can think of.
LookingForTheSummer · 31-35, M
[@509132,Asmae] Leave then. Only solution. 😁
LookingForTheSummer · 31-35, M
Sometimes it's better to erase the problem rather than trying to solve it. 🙃
Asmae · 31-35, F
[@676876,LookingForTheSummer] Trust me. My coworkers would be texting me in private to ask what's wrong? I don't feel like answering anyone ~ ha
DownTheStreet · 51-55, M
Hmm, this is why I don’t mix work and social on the same app.
Asmae · 31-35, F
[@325552,DownTheStreet] You're one wise dino
DownTheStreet · 51-55, M
I’ve had a few million years to think about it [@509132,Asmae]