Do you all think I am weird because I genuinely don't like drinking alcohol? I'm not an alcoholic I just don't like it

I don't like the way it makes me feel and I don't think it's worth feeling like s***. When people find out I don't like drinking They always think it's just that I haven't had the right thing to drink and I've tried a lot of drinks I just don't like it.
Nuh I have one beer every now and then. People who can’t understand it and try to force you to drink are usually dependent
TheFragile · 41-45, F
[@1204672,Mastermeister] yes It does tend to be the heavy drinkers that take the biggest offense to the fact that I'm not interested in drinking
I’m more fun when I’m sober tbf [@326696,TheFragile]
TheFragile · 41-45, F
[@1204672,Mastermeister] I feel the same way. I'd rather enjoy life sober
TheotherAndy · 41-45, M
Not weird at all
It's not weird. I know lots of people who don't like to drink.
I don´t think you are weird at all. No one "needs" to like alcohol. It´s not a disadvantage not to drink alcohol, on the contrary, it is healthy to be able to do without such stimulants. They are not vital and therefore our body does not need them.
nowic2 · 56-60, M
No not weird. You don't like it, simple as that. Others not understanding is much more about their limited capacity to appreciate differences to their own situation.
Keep being authentic you & don't worry about those who can't see past themselves. 😊
I don't like drinking alcohol either.
I don't find it weird but I have been in parties where they can't understand how. 😂
It doesn't matter what people think anyway.
Weird, not at all. Why would you drink something you don't enjoy? I find it quite [i]funny[/i] in a not funny way how people tend to say something like...

[i]... it's just that you haven't had the right thing yet...[/i]

How many times have I heard these exact words, just not with drink mentioned, but man instead.
HatterM · 46-50, M
I think being a tee-totaller is sensible and practical. I am one too.
Bang5luts · 46-50, M
I'm with you! I think you and I are both very weird. I don't drink alcohol. I'm not an alcoholic, I genuinely don't care for the taste, feel during or the next day.
Fable · 26-30, F
[c=666666]I think it's simply a question of how used you are (or aren't) to it. Many people start drinking when they're teenagers, and get through that awkward stage where "it doesn't feel good" because they want to do the same thing as all their peers. When your body is more used to alcohol, it gets more out of it too, and you no longer feel off when drinking. If you just never got used to drinking, well that's why you feel the way you do, when you try. Good company helps too, but overall, I think you should just be really happy that it's something you never got into. Good for you. ♡[/c]
JRVanguard · 22-25
No it’s gross
Not everyone does.
Stop drinking!
Did I make it sound like talking to an alcoholic? What I meant was, stop trying to drink various alcohol to prove other people's theory.
TheFragile · 41-45, F
[@980679,xichuwangwai] I was talking past tense, I don't try drinks now.
KuroNeko · 36-40, F
I come from a family that drank all the time. I don't drink often because of health reasons. I understand how it feels to have people trying to get you to drink when you don't want to, its infuriating.
JoyfulSilence · 46-50, M
I don't like the way I feel the next day sometimes!
BalmyNites · F
Not weird at all, it’s your choice
TheSunisout · 56-60, M
No why, it's your personal choice and people should respect that👍
Sirfurryanimal · 61-69, M
Not at all weird....
I quit drinking it too. It's not good for us
uncleshawn · 36-40, M
Don't like the taste and never want to risk losing control of my senses (getting drunk). I don't think it's hard to understand why some drinkers cannot accept that some people don't drink, whereas, say, a person who drinks lemonade does not expect everyone to drink lemonade. (self-serving reasons)

You just carry on as you are. Hopefully you have some friends who applaud you instead of trying to urge you to do what they do. I applaud you for not giving in to peer pressure. It is rare. Rare.