Is it true that some people are better at conversation when face to face compared to chats?

I have noticed that my close friend Harshit is very good when it comes to conversation when we are face to face. We used to have some great time in 11th and 12th grade and even when he comes to my home. But when I try to chat with him, the conversation doesn't go well as he can't really reply properly and also sometimes he doesn't even see my message for days sometimes even a month. I have many times seen him replying to me after a long time. He is not that good when it comes to chatting but he is a great friend when we meet face to face.
Sibo191 · 36-40, M
I think so
Bubbles · 31-35, F
Yes. I am actually much better at conversation face to face than online or via text
Rocknrod · 61-69, M
BreezeyBree · 56-60, F
Even a phone call is better than text or email. I love talking, but hate texting and using cell phones. I have a home phone still. lol
TheBungler · 22-25, M
Depends for me.
NiftyWhite · 41-45, F
I have found the opposite. people are ok with chats online and when you meet them they are socially off.
John01 · M
I'm like that bro. To me, chatting online isn't really chatting, it's typing, reading and writing. The human element is sucked out of it. Not a great online chatter.
Gangstress · 36-40, F
[@1191483,John01] i agree
Gangstress · 36-40, F
Yes definitely