Why do animals like some people and not others?

And why are some people liked by certain animals, say a dog, but not other dogs necessarily?

Are you more evil on some days than others? 馃
Gangstress36-40, F
Yes I noticed this. My cat hated my friend. She hissed at her anytime she came to my house. Turns out yep. She was evil.

But animals have a sixth sense. They'll see the real you.
Bane922-25, M
[@467717,Gangstress] You mean your friend or your cat? Most cats are evil 馃槇

I think it's because of a person's hormones or the way they smell. It explains why some animals can't tolerate them, while others can.

I do plan to get a dog at some point in the future, probably a Border Collie or perhaps a lazier dog though
Gangstress36-40, F
[@1038365,RasAlGhul] i love border collies. Brilliant dogs to train!

They're not too bad cats. We have to live on their terms though. I don't mind that.
Bane922-25, M
[@467717,Gangstress] The only issue with them is that they're too energetic and you need to devote a lot of time for them to get some exercise. If you can't, they'll dig holes and tear cushions and become depressed and insecure.

So if I get one, it'll be after I retire 馃 Before that, perhaps some dawgie that needs lesser maintenance