How much of a difference does politics make to you?

And why do you allow yourself to get stressed out about something over which you have zero control?
It's really hard to not have control when you see politicians that can get away with everything. It's really frustrating
xuxuguinhu9 · 31-35, T
because they make global decisions and u have some control over whos making them
RasAlGhul · 22-25, M
[@1204467,xuxuguinhu9] After you've voted, you can't do anything for another 4-5 years
xuxuguinhu9 · 31-35, T
[@1038365,RasAlGhul] yes but u do get to vote every 5 years and keep up to revote ..
EuphoricTurtle · 36-40, M
I do have control, I can vote. And I stress about it because other people can vote and I resent being lied to in general
RasAlGhul · 22-25, M
[@17323,EuphoricTurtle] You can't control who others vote for and that's the point. And you probably won't know when you're being lied to either
EuphoricTurtle · 36-40, M
[@1038365,RasAlGhul] You obviously can't force people to vote for who you think should be elected and, yes, you can't always tell all the lies. But you can influence people, after all that's the whole point of election campaigns and you can tell when a big lie is being force fed into people to make them afraid and irrational. So, yes, I do have some control. Not ALL of it, but some. And that's the point, no one has all the control and so we all collectively make a difference.