I found out some terrible news this morning concerning my mother

Earlier in the day I received a phone call from the nursing home that my mother was staying at, informing me that due to Covid-19 she can no longer stay there and that she has to return living with me. This is probably the worst day of my life.
Grendale · 36-40, M
Sorry homey. Do you have a basement? If I were you, Id chain her up in the basement and give her a bucket of fish heads once a week. Same bucket is also her latrine.
[@785158,Grendale] I currently occupy the basement. But that is a pretty good idea.

Wow, I thought you were going to say you had lost her to Covid...😒
[@328496,bijouxbroussard] No, worst. I have to hear her nagging me all the time.
Iwasheretoo · 36-40, M
That’s a pretty vague explanation.
Iwasheretoo · 36-40, M
[@1181458,GoodboyJames] manipulating people’s emotions is not cool man. At least you gave me an honest answer though. Kudos for that. Lots of people have mental issues on here and a messed up story is enough to send them flying. It is entertaining but it’s also cruel
Iwasheretoo · 36-40, M
[@1181458,GoodboyJames] this is part of their therapy man. They are alone and want to feel somewhat normal by communicating with others. I get your point,there are much worse that you could say but try to be constructive. Not destructive. That’s all im saying. Make up a feel good story maybe
curiosi · 56-60, F
Your mother took a cab from the nursing home to your house?? ROFL!!
[@423488,curiosi] Either a cab or uber. I don't know. I didn't ask.
curiosi · 56-60, F
[@1181458,GoodboyJames] Did you pay them or did mom have cash?
[@423488,curiosi] She must have had some cash. No way in hell am I going to pay.
acpguy · C
My mom in law just went into the nursing home in her home town as she wanted to and was ready at 99. That was 2 months ago, they never had a COVID case there. 10 days later she and several others were diagnosed with COVID we thought we would lose her but the strange thing was she only had diarrhea for a few days and she appeared to become more alert and healthier after that. This stuff is strange and you just can't tell how it will affect people.
TurtlePink · 18-21, F
Thats what the old hag gets. Hope she slips and falls in the toilet when you're outside banging the dog
[@526179,TurtlePink] Finally we can agree on something. However, I wouldn't necessarily call your mother a dog.