Do hostage takers ever actually get what they want? Has a hostage situation ever actually worked out for the captor?
Like if I held a few people hostage at a small office building and demanded a box of shrimp fried rice, a rainbow roll, and a Godzilla roll, how likely would I be to get my demands? 馃
missbeez26-30, F
You would probably get that and shot as well
Eternity22-25, M
[@486083,missbeez] worth it.
missbeez26-30, F
[@807598,Eternity] haha
sonofsasquatch22-25, M
i鈥檝e wondered that myself lol not likely though
summersongF
I feel like that is a lot of trouble for some sushi. Maybe start with dine and dash and work your way up to the whole hostage situation
Eternity22-25, M
[@334441,summersong] it would be less about the sushi and more about the social experiment.

My wonder is if hostage situations never work then why do people keep attempting it?

I mean I know people are dumb but surely having an overwhelming unsuccessful historical precedent attached to something would make even a moron loathe to give it a try right?
summersongF
[@807598,Eternity] I guess some people think that somehow they will be the exception to the rule. Also desperation and people being dumber than any of us can fathom.
FCNantes18-21, M
I suppose if the offender wants to get shot, then yes!