Can you maintain eye contact when talking to people?

Why can a person not maintain eye contact when they talk to people?
I can't.
cuz it's creepy to stare
Not really.. I'm kinda self conscious.. especially having brown eyes and all lol
lucian · 22-25, M
Not the entire time like a weirdo but yeah
tynamite · 26-30, M
Lack of eye contact is a trait of autism.
thinkincubes · 36-40, M
I win every staring contest... because I look straight into your soul 😈
DandyDoesITBest · 36-40, M
Typical of an introvert. I can see a lot more of them than I should when I look into someone's eyes and it breaks my train of thought. Dandy finds it difficult being so amazing.
hunkalove · 61-69, M
I am about half-deaf and read lips and I became very aware in my 20s I didn't make eye contact. I learned to look at people's eyes but focus about a foot in front of their faces so I could also see their mouths.
Fernie · F
I have this image in my head of you being slightly cross eyed when you do that :>
hunkalove · 61-69, M
@Fernie: Maybe that explains why I've never been married?
Fernie · F
@hunkalove: HA! the cross-eyed need love too!
autumn25 · 26-30, F
Sometimes I can. For me it was due to shyness.
Fernie · F
I keep constant eye contact with the person I am talking to and listening to. If they can't do the same and keep looking away I have trouble trusting what they are saying. Being unable to look into someone's eyes means something
WuZetian · 31-35, F
Probably they are intimated by the person they're talking to, not interested with the conversation or just not at the moment :)