Did your dad teach you how to fight?
When I was a kid, I got into a lot of fights at school because I lived in a small poor violent ghetto town where there wasn't much to do. A lot of kids there were poor, and from uneducated families, and they would try to pick on me because of the way that I dressed and spoke. I had a hot temper and I would fight.

One day, I got suspended from school and my dad came to pick me up. My dad told me never to fight at school, especially in front of teachers. He said even if someone hits me, take it like a man. He told me to wait until I encounter the person alone, preferably outside of school and don't give them a moment's notice.

He also told me to fight dirty if the person was much bigger than me, e.g., pick up a weapon, throw dirt in their eyes. He said if the person was smaller than me, I should grab them and slam them, and keep them on the ground until they give up.
4
|
Lissa · 31-35, F
Yup. He always told me to jab them up under the nose and then bust them across the nose up between their eyes and kick their kneecap out
Lissa · 31-35, F
[@1078097,CallMeMrYeshua] well. I have a Bible too
Lissa · 31-35, F
[@1078097,CallMeMrYeshua] those are too heavy
[@585989,Lissa] .50 cal ‘il put a whole in something, though. That’s a lot kick.
xiehyue · 18-21, F
Bruh, I don't have a dad 🤢
CallMeMrYeshua · 31-35, M
[@867153,xiehyue] mufasa is up there somewhere
Killroy59 · 56-60, M
I grew up in NYC , I can relate to your dads word of wisdom. Read my story on being bullied
CallMeMrYeshua · 31-35, M
[@373155,Killroy59] I most definitely will, and thanks!
Killroy59 · 56-60, M
[@1078097,CallMeMrYeshua] I’m 60 years old and still can knock out some one if they push the wrong button. Thank god no one does anymore
CallMeMrYeshua · 31-35, M
[@373155,Killroy59] I can imagine it was rough in your day as a youngster in NYC. The law is more proactive now.
My dad signed me up for kick-boxing as a kid.

Mom always told me to fuck up anyone that’d try to mess with me, consequences would be dealt with later.
CallMeMrYeshua · 31-35, M
[@420709,LithiumDrop] lol. My mom was the opposite, a saint. Good thing I didn't listen to her back then.
TheRascallyOne · 26-30, M
Yes by abandoning me as a child I grew up rough and had to learn how to fight for myself
CallMeMrYeshua · 31-35, M
[@19729,TheRascallyOne] Sorry. I'm glad that you persevered.
Dad taught me how to fight, shoot, to butcher and skin, trap, put a hatchet in something. Yeah. I’m good.
[@373155,Killroy59] Yup.

[image=https://photos1.similarworlds.com/00/00/00/00/02/08/45/84/Nothingness-6eFG6KlZUkQBtia.jpg]
Killroy59 · 56-60, M
Ahhhh cowgirl [@605647,Nothingness]
[@373155,Killroy59] I ain’t ashamed.

[youtube=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=skAOb_EUE_M&vidve=5727&autoplay=1]
Afroartis · 22-25, M
No...wasn't there but my fam did in a way...told me hit back or pick up something. My first time learning was wen I was getting bullied and I snapped.
Carazaa · F
What do you think of his advice?
CallMeMrYeshua · 31-35, M
[@889684,Carazaa] I had to stand up for myself or be someone's b*t*h. But now, I take my mom's advice. She taught me to not hold malice against people and try to make peace.
Carazaa · F
[@1078097,CallMeMrYeshua] Nice!
MrPerditus1 · 56-60, M
My dad left when I was 6 months old. I got my first taste of fighting was when I was 10 yrs old, in fourth grade and the three guys were in junior high about 13 and 14 yrs old, pushed me into a canyon next to the park and beat me bad, threatened me and my family and I about freaked. Didn't tell anyone for many years.

Finally, years later I took some lessons and learned to defend myself properly. Never had an issue after that.
autumn25 · 26-30, F
He tried to because I was being bullied by a kid in kindergarten but my Mom stopped him.

Did your dad teach you how to fight? | Miscellaneous | Similar Worlds