What is the kindest (or nicest) thing anyone has ever said to you?

JustNik · 46-50, F
He said I always knew what I was feeling. He didn’t have that, but knowing me gave him hope that he could. I don’t think I’ve ever felt such a sense of worth as I did right then.
Blondee · F
When people comment on how well behaved the grandkids are. It's nice to hear.
Echoing · 61-69, F
You have improved my life greatly by just being in it!
the neighbours kids gave me a little container with 100's x 1000's in them with one large bead
with the words
you're one in a million
written on the side

ps but that is just 100000
Go have a nap, I'll watch E.

The sentiment is there. Never lasts though 🤷‍♀️
RubySoo · 51-55, F
I was a shining light in their darkest days...and they were grateful of my friendship and their life was better for knowing me.
Moonpenny · F
I overheard a friend telling someone else that she could trust me with her life.
Pherick · 36-40, M
The most random nice thing I think was a lady in a line waiting for food, morning at some random hotel I was at. We were both waiting for something to be made. She looked me, and just so sincerely and totally out of the blue, said "You have the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen".

I kind of stammered a thank you, but it was so out of the blue, I still remember it all these years later.
RubySoo · 51-55, F
[@376875,Pherick] ooooh...thats lovely. I wanna see them now! X
Pherick · 36-40, M
[@329653,RubySoo] Thats the thing, I have been told I have "nice blue eyes", but they aren't anything amazing. I was worried she was then going to ask me to buy a timeshare or something :)
I went through hell the last 5 years of my job before I retired, working with younger employees who shirked a lot of their duties or played games. A couple years after retirement I got a part-time job as a greeter at Walmart and two of those workers entered the store at different times & came up & hugged me telling me that I had worked so hard. It would have been nice to have felt appreciated while I was still there but I guess later is better than never.
Asmae · 31-35, F
“You have a very beautiful smile. Keep smiling.”

It was an old lady saying that. I don’t know how to smile for the win. It’s always half a smile/smirk if I tried
newgirl · 56-60, F
It's hard to choose just one. But one that makes me smile is when my son's boss told him he wants to meet the woman that raised him to be such a good young man.
ekwalizur · 36-40, M
It's not so much a matter of what she said, but also how wide her eyes got
pennynoodles · 51-55, F
A child once told me that I was like a giant ear.