Perfume is such a personal taste isn't it? My physiotherapist said mine smelled "fruity". It's anything but FRUITY.
2
|
Asificair · M Best Answer
Our smell and taste receptors are not shop bought unfortunately and can differ wildly from person to person depending on lots of physiological elements. On top of this each of us realeases smells unique to us, these can distinctively alter how artificial perfumes and odours are received.
Zoranna · F
[@854658,Asificair] Very true, the same perfume can smell completely different on someone else. Thanks for that.
awesomusmaximus · 22-25, M
Nope.
Zoranna · F
[@854020,Sickbastard] What do you mean "nope"? It's not a personal taste? I beg to differ.
This message was deleted.
Zoranna · F
[@891655,SunKiss3d] It's complex, subtle and slightly floral. Similar to Chanel No. 5 in a way (in my opinion) but not nearly as expensive.
Insomniac42 · 18-21, M
Yeah...it’s really weird how there’s a certain distinct perfume I’ve smelled on a few girls that just takes me back to my childhood and makes me all nostalgic. It’s really strange and I can’t explain it lol.
[@15361,Insomniac42] That happened to me too. I don't understand it .
thanamesnyaa · 18-21, F
lol
LucyBall · F
Had to be a man right?
Zoranna · F
[@830641,MadameX] No. 😄 She's an older woman though.
LucyBall · F
[@7002,Zoranna] 🤔
Zoranna · F
[@830641,MadameX] I know, it puzzled me too. Oh well.
Yes, it really is. It’s amazing how the same perfume will even smell different on someone else. Frances Denney’s Interlude always smelled powdery on me and citrusy on her. People never knew my best friend and I both wore it, for decades.

Perfume is such a personal taste isn't it? My... | Miscellaneous | Similar Worlds